Friday, June 1, 2001 8:00am

I get up and stumble downstairs to the laundry room to see if my clothes are dry and not too wrinkly from last night's laundry spurt. I being packing furiously. I recieve a call from my mother-in-law asking if we were still on for breakfast at 9 at the Windmill. I say, "Uh, sure. I need to take a shower yet. I'll be a little late." I shower, put my hair in pigtails and head out. We eat an unhealthy breakfast composed of eggs, bacon, toast, coffee (hers), and milk (mine). I fetch a sleeping bag and a tent from the back of her car, and head back home to finish packing.

I finally leave my house around 11am, and call Dana and Anthony to let them know that I'm on my way. Dana does not sound amazingly thrilled with life. I think she's got a cold.

I drive. And drive. And drive. And get gas. First time I've ever seen sub-regular gas. And drive. And call Dana and Anthony again because I'm on US-23 and almost there. Whee! I pull into the parking lot and look up, and there is Dana waving faintly at me from her apartment window. Yay!

I run upstairs and am greeted with a hug and the news that we are waiting for the rest of the northern convoy. Cool. Other noders arrive, dem bones,the gilded frame,clampe,kurt the pope, and coby among them. We run upstairs for a quick smoke, and then prepare to leave. I transfer my meager belongings to Dana's trunk and we are off. I had a very entertaining drive down. I couldn't read a map to save my own life. Literally. We got lost and separated from The Great Northern Convoy. No biggie. I'm stoned and don't care. We make it to Columbus anyway.

We drive around Columbus for a bit, and realize we can't find the hotel, because, again, the map is showing its deficiency. Never fear! Dana knows how to get to Zot's house. Yay!

We arrive. Are greeted by noders. I can't quite remember who, but I think ideath,jessicapierce,perdedor,the mysterious ted,briiiiian,zot-fot-piq,saneguy... And a few others. I'm really sorry if I missed anyone, but I have a terrible memory for these things.

We sit, and chat, and drink beer, and chat, and drink more beer. Then some brilliant person (*cough*) suggests we go dancing. Tandex suggests several different places withing walking distance. I leave the deciding up to him.

We go, we dance, we see people get electrocuted and beaten. We try to avoid seeing potato-man and nasty fat woman get these things done to them. <shudder>

Afterwards, I got a ride back to zot's from Stef. Not many more events. Get ride to hotel from WonkoDSane. Sleep.

Saturday, June 2, 2001 11:00am

Wake up. Shower. Put hair in little butterfly clips. Arrive about in time to go to the park. The Aerobie gets thrown in the tree several times, and I had to climb on shoulders three different times to help get the rope down. I learned to juggle a little bit from ideath and convince WonkoDSane that he should try it. He now juggles better than I do. We talk, and laugh, and get rained on, and laugh and talk.

WonkoDSane and I leave to go for a ride in his rented mustang convertible before it rains. We head east (north?) on High for a long long distance and stumble across a pontifical school. It was *huge*, at least 3 times larger than you can imagine. We craned our necks and watched the clouds go by.

We arrive back at Zot's and greet more new noders. We eat sandwiches and fingerfoods and sit around. Kurt The Pope gets really drunk and gives me the couch. I collect souls as toll for couch sitting. I marvel at Pyrogenic's xdvd collection. I get somewhat slightly plastered. WonkoDSane and ccunning and I run out to pick up my leather booty and a jacket for Chad. While I'm changing in the bathroom, Chad calls in a 6am wakeup call. Bastard.

We return to zot's to learn that Rocky has been canceled. So Stef goes to pick up her copy. Calling, Dancing (and crushed feet) ensue. I've never done this before. Was very fun.

I get a ride back to the hotel. Sleep.

Sunday, June 3, 2001 12:00am

Got up. Showered. Put my hair in a hankie. Headed over to Zot's where we waited for 2pm to come around so we could eat. A couple of abortive attempts at breakfast were made, but we just ended up waiting for 2. People flocked to their cars. I hopped in a car with Jurph and we promptly got lost. Somehow, we managed to eventually make it to the Starliner Diner and had a marvelous meal. Tasty plantains. Dana and Anthony expressed their desire to leave. Received many hugs from many noders, got french whispered in my ear, my back realigned and various promises made for attendence to my Vaporware Holland E2 Gathering. Got in the car and drove home. Almost hit a racoon. Stumbled inside and noded. Sleep.

Aftermath

I skipped school on Monday and noded. I haven't noded so much in a single day for a really really long time. It felt really good. I talked to my newfound old friends in the catbox and felt connected.

Plans are now being made for a noder commune in the wilderness of Wyoming. It will have a racetrack, a dairy farm, a horse ranch, an indoor heated pool and an underground lair. And of course, internet access for the masses. We'll call it E2PCOT. What do you think? Wanna come live with us?