Good morning...

Today, I'm back in Oulu!

As the first thing today, I moved Linux entirely on my second 6.5 gig hard drive (/dev/hdb) so I'll just move that baby to the new machine. Yes, it involved nuking a half-gig Win95 partition from the said drive. No, I didn't make any backups 'cuz my home directory takes up 1.2 gigs and my Jaz can only take 1.0. Me tough guy. Me brutal. Grrr. Well, it works. =)

12:11: Well, the damned thing works... X11 fired up fine... in 1024x768x16bpp mode! (Insert naughty word here!) With some "rain" too and flickering when scrolling... I hope I'll get the accelerated server working properly.

Horrible headache. And I'm so yiffy I could explode. *gruntle* But you don't want to know details like that, right?

Gotta set up the BIOS to recognise the other port - I need to make the graphics tablet to work...

Oh yeah: it took almost half an hour to unscrew the last screw of the first HD on the new computer. Installation of second hard disk involved removal of processor module because some bonehead at the Works had not apparently thought of benefits of having a hole on the front side of the machine...

17:39: X11 now works at 1280x1024x16bpp, with only slight "snow" when I move the windows around. GoodEnoughForMe™. Half-Life runs like a dream. I also installed Counter Strike for it but didn't play it yet. Got the tablet configured. Cool. Compiled kernel, too. Sound isn't responding yet (DAMN!) but I noticed the kernel I compiled was 2.2.14 so I'll recompile it soon anyway =)

21:57: I spent some good time writing a webcam program. bttvgrab and some mod_perl crap - it's easy to make a webcam that doesn't just dumbly update its picture all the time - my hack refreshes image when request comes. Learned some wonderful secrets about Apache::Log, too.


Other day logs o' mine...