A legendary 1992 Jack T. Chick tract that attacks the theory of evolution.

The tract begins in class room. The teacher, which has been often described as a caricatured jew, asks "How many of you believe in evolution?" And the whole class, except for one disbeliever, shout in unison "We Do Sir!" (personally, I find this rather disappointing - the basis of scientific method, after all, is doubting everything until proven at sufficient level. Of course, the theory of evolution generally has been...)

The teacher gets justifiably annoyed, so this aforementioned disbeliever, who again has been described as a caricatured Hitler-Jugend type, then tries to prove that evolution is a hoax, with varying very logic-defying ways. This includes various references to "Dr." Kent Hovind's ideas on hoaxiness of evolution.

For example, it lists several hoaxes and such as a proof that fossil hominids are fake. Of course, they fail to mention how many actual verified fossil hominids there are... this, of course, is quite similar to saying "one cannot trust paper money at all because there have been crude forgeries".

Regarding vestigial parts as one indicator of evolution, the boy says, "...isn't losing something the opposite of evolution?" Ah, Microsoft's stuff is probably the apex of software evolution then... =)

Understandably, this particular Chick tract has been revised countless times. The feedback is clear: Chick makes a tract that has some preposterous, weak claims in it, the scientists rebuke it, people laugh, then Chick revises it, and it all starts from the beginning. One example of this is the supposed mind-blowing conclusion to the tract.

In earlier versions of Big Daddy, the tract concluded with the question about what binds the subatomic particles together. Basically, the kid argues the nucleus of the atom has positively charged protons; according to electricity laws, same charges repel each other. Wouldn't the nucleus go boom? In that version the teacher didn't have anything at all to say... and the kid concludes by quoting the Bible that God "holds all things together"!

But then one famed "wheelchair guy" wrote a bestseller book about cosmology and quantum mechanics and theoretical physics, and every self-respecting geek read it. This popularisation of obscure quantum mechanical principles in turn cramped creationist rhetoric a little bit...

So, in the later revision the conclusive scene is considerably tamer. In fact, it imitates life: The kid, again, asks what binds the protons together. "It's Gluons!" shouts the teacher, thinking "Gotcha!"... which is exactly what you might have expected in real life if the previous version of the tract had happened. So, having denied the chance to say God keeps atoms together, the boy dismisses gluons as matter of faith. What a let-down. (As N-Wing mentioned to me, the whole atom part was fairly out of place in the tract, probably just trying to increase the page count...)

The tract ends with the teacher running away.