11:04

Morning!

Principles of Digital Media exam today. I see no reason why I wouldn't pass...

..even when they had funny questions where they asked us to speculate about the Mobile Internet and other voodoo/UFO stuff.

I'm reading Usenet stuff at the moment.

14:39

Made a revolutionary new feedback script. Called worksforme.pl. Instead of asking the user what's wrong, the instructions just read "click this link if (whatever) works for you". (Made this because I don't have access to MSIE when I'm online from Linux, for obvious reasons... =)

15:47

I'm not a poet.

Yet I have a need to somehow illustrate my feelings.

I think I just quote one great poet whose feelings I've always found (often ironically) appropriate:

So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun:

and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter;
and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.

Wherefore I praised the dead which are already dead more than the living which are yet alive. Yea, better is he than both they, which hath not yet been, who hath not seen the evil work that is done under the sun.

Again, I considered all travail, and every right work, that for this a man is envied of his neighbour. This is also vanity and vexation of spirit.

The fool foldeth his hands together,
and eateth his own flesh.
Better is an handful with quietness,
than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit.

- Ecclesiastes 4:1-6

It's a harsh point of view, but I would summarize it thus: "Life sucks. Deal with it."

I see more than usual amount of flaming in the newsgroups, people leaving from ngs I subscribe to... and a few people leaving E2 too, recently.

Don't go.

This is just life, for ***** sake. One of the characteristics of the life is that You Can't Always Win, Not Even Every Time.

22:06

Hacked togheter some Perl stuff... Tried a new method of building the HTML table, and reassigned some class responsibilities...

Still doesn't work, but at least the code looks cooler =)

(BTW, what the heck is up with all the Deborah909 s0ftl1nx0rz below???)

01:30

Oh, yeah, forgot to tell about some Hideous Puns:

  • We use StarOffice; Did the Russians use Czar-Office?
  • I once again read about "raw" images, and remembered that scanned fox picture. I then accidentally thought "rawbits" was "räv-bits"... (Räv = swedish for "Fox")

Other day logs o' mine...

Noded today by y.t.:

Updated: About million nodes. (Looks like I have had a bad habit of losing ends of some sentences or something... If you spot Words With No Ends in my writeups, please /msg me!