12:28

The stuff of the Weekend and Preceding Day: I went to Kuhmo, watched X-Men off DVD - it had a lot of trailers and stuff too...

(Commercials break: Here's a suggestion for the new text to be included in DVD trailers: "The following plaintext has been approved for all audiences by the Motion Picture Association of America." 5 minutes of grabbin' and GIMP work gave us this: http://rieska.oulu.fi/~ulankine/tmp/plaintext.jpg =) [Didn't put that thing to Memepool, because that would have been Gratuitous Self Promotion and the joke isn't that good. Hmm, looks like my submission again got edited a bit...]

...did nothing significant there, and came back to Oulu. Yesterday, I started the 2nd phase of driving school - and it was the first time I've ever driven a car in Oulu! The traffic is sort of confusing here... =)

I've also grasped some concepts of CORBA now that I realized JDK comes with everything I need for learning the basics of CORBA... and I have some disk space to install MICO again, because ORBit-C++ didn't seem to work.

Today: Another lecture about EPOC. That thing is probably KeWl because it's being advertised that much. UI lectures coming up at 14:00.

Energy drink can note: "May cause reddening of skin, feeling of increased temperature, and itching of skin, which is completely normal..." huh? Yeah, every disclaimer looks like that.

19:08

So, hmm... I'm even more convinced that OSS software and APIs and libraries rock, except for one thing - namely, documentation.

Not even the Holy Cows of Free Software Revolution™ are immune. Many Emacs-W3 functions are undocumented...

...and just when I needed to make my daylog metanode to post itself automatically. =(


Other day logs o' mine...

Noded recently by y.t.: TrueColor Keaton nesting box Klisje Paa Klisje Piltdown man IV CBC Roger Wilco rm -rf /

Noded today: Mico fsn HOS URI