user since
Tue Nov 19 2002 at 05:46:27 (21.3 years ago )
last seen
Sat Sep 9 2023 at 23:20:43 (6.3 months ago )
number of write-ups
231 - View Wiccanpiper's writeups (feed)
number of write-ups within last year
1
level / experience
17 (Panjandrum) / 15961
C!s spent
176
mission drive within everything
To find out if you can come home again, having been away from E2 for so long.
specialties
Antique radio, US highways, grammar (English and Spanish), Traditional Witchcraft.
school/company
Semi-retired technologist. Husband to Briarcub.
motto
Do what's necessary.
most recent writeup
August 9, 2023
Send private message to Wiccanpiper

I'm back AGAIN! This time I'll stick around.

/me misses Grundoon and Ouroboros and Borgo

.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Borrowed from jessicapierce's homenode: "Courtesy will get you courtesy in return. The opposite of courtesy will get you the courtesy of my long memory.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I can hardly believe I've been at E2 for nearly 20 years. I love it still, warts and all. The upvotes, the downvotes, the writeups, editing the writeups, the server problems, the Chatterbox, and noders! Spending time here has not only made me a better writer (I hope), but made it possible to meet some of the most interesting folks I could've ever hoped to know.

If you're new to E2 (or even if you're not!): There's lots of help here, particularly the Quick Start and Everything2 Help. Those docs are recommended reading, and following the guidelines there make for a successful noder. This site will (if you let it) help you become a better writer. Oh, and be sure to read this!

There are many experienced noders who will be happy to give you a hand (and thanks to all those who took the time to help me!).

A quote from Lucy-S's editor log says it quite well:

"We have standards and goals. Yes, we expect things from people joining our group -- we expect people to try to do better than they had to on LiveJournal or Usenet or their own personal website. If you stick with us, you can become a better writer, a better coder, heck, maybe even a better cook, crafter, or thinker than you were when you first arrived. And we'll be happy to help you. All you gotta do is ask."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

E2 is a community as well, the icing on this lovely cake: read Everything is a community by Hermetic, and Everything is a Family by dann, and see why. And then, check out "Too much information" on Tiefling's home node. Last, but certainly not least, finish off with a noder's story of how E2 saved my life.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

One of the best things about E2: talking with other noders! I like to chat almost (but not quite) as much as I like to write and edit, and will be here noding, sipping coffee or Merlot, smoking my pipe, and waiting to hear from you, so feel free to /msg me.

By the way, if we've talked, or met, and you have daylogs, I've read them all. The better to know you.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Finally, throughout your E2 career, remember one of our best once said this:

"I have discovered (as perhaps you have as well) that in the relationships we have with each other on Everything2 that we learn a great deal about each other. Day after day, write-up after write-up, we come to know how we each express ourselves, conduct ourselves, what we might think or feel (no matter how momentarily). Some of us even write things that we would never say to another person. We eventually find a voice that expresses for us how we understand our world and each other."


User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date