user since
Sun Mar 9 2003 at 21:00:14 (21.1 years ago )
last seen
Tue Jul 13 2004 at 04:06:51 (19.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
8 - View Wicked Messenger's writeups (feed)
level / experience
1 (Novice) / 119
mission drive within everything
End up painting in the Italian countryside, with a family
specialties
Painting, Dylan, recognising that it doesn't amount to anything more than what the broken glass reflects
school/company
New Neurotic Romantics
motto
You don't look at art in the evening, you go and have a drink'.
most recent writeup
A Summer Night
Send private message to Wicked Messenger

As Joni Mitchell said:


I am a lonely painter
I live in a box of paints

or as Bob Dylan put it:

Someday everything is gonna be different
When I paint my masterpiece.

I am obsessed with the unfinished paintings of Leonardo and the hermetic abstractions of Cy Twombly. Currently, I am working on a series of fragmentary palimpsest paintings that are an exorcism of my nostalgia for my Italian childhood, and am hoping that I can resurrect my one proper teenage romance.

When I am not painting or daydreaming, I like listening to Bob Dylan, and conversation with the five or six true and fascinating friends that I have got to know at school. It is their company that stops me from getting paranoid and introspective, which is an unfortunate tendency of mine. I also like ice cream, a passion I have not been able to indulge much since leaving Italy Hmmm...a greatest hits of my life story... born Tokyo 1984 with blond hair and an extra finger(removed at birth) 1988, England. Attempt to run away, running aimlessly but determinedly by a main road armed only with a toy sword. 1993-98 Intermittently unhappy prep school, spent daydreaming and not fitting in on the whole. 1998 New school. Discover painting and a wonderful new environment in Italy 2001 Six month relationship that I still pine for occasionally. Particular afternoon of wine and talk with two friends is particlualrly powerful. 2002 Formative year. Get a lot of ideas straight in my head. See mindblowing Leonardo paintings. Find pastoral ecstasy in the Italian countryside. Meet my idol, Cy Twombly. Some of the most intensely joyous times of my life 2003 Put on on exhibition of paintings called 'Faint Stains'. Feel profound sadness at the death of my paternal grandmother, Terttu Kaarina Hatfull.