Faction Profile for the Avalon Hill Dune board game.

Bene Gesserit:
As the Bene Gesserit you play Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Hohiam. Your heroes are Princess Irulan, Mother Romallo, Alia, Lady Fenring and Wanna Marcus.

The Bene Gesserit start with a small sum of money, one single troop placed anywhere on Dune, and no holdings.

They are adept in the ways of mind control, and have the following advantages:

  • The Bene Gesseit may use The Voice during battle to tell their opponent to play or not to play a projectile, shield, poison, poison defense, lasegun or worthless card. If your opponent cannot comply, they are free to do whatever they like.
  • The Bene Gesserit may co-habitate with the other factions by declaring their units neutral. While co-habitating, the Bene Gesserit are (for all intents and purposes) considered not on the board and may not be attacked or targetted in any fashion.
  • The Bene Gesserit may ship one unit of troops free of charge with every other faction's off-planet shipments as "spiritual advisors". These troops must be shipped down into the same location with their hosts, and start off co-habitating automatically.

The Bene Gesserit have a special victory option. At the start of the game they write down one faction they predict will win, and what turn they will win on. If this turns out to be true, the Bene Gesserit reveal their prediction and they automatically win. The clever Bene Gesserit player will attempt to manipulate the prediction into coming true.