A New Age (not being used as a disparagement here, mind) set of fairly obvious ideas and ideals, representing yet another attempt to find moral codes that are not a part of an established religion. Frequent best-sellers--the author, James Redfield, keeps sending out sequel after sequel. I was talked into reading the first book by a friend, and here's what I remember:

- General principles are quite appealing. Appreciate beauty and living things. Spread love.
- General principles are quite . . . well, old.
- A fair amount of bad science.

In my opinion, though, anything that promotes a happier world is probably a Good Thing in the long run, even if it's a bit hinky in execution.
-Description of the Celestine Insights-

Insight 1:

The first insight is known as the “Critical Mass.” The critical mass is actually a large group of people all over the world that have awakened their inner selves and have become aware of the coincidences happening all around us. These specific coincidences carry a message for us and by studying these coincidences, we become aware of the path the universe has chosen for us and become 1 step closer to the true purpose of our lives.

Insight 2:

The second insight causes us to take a closer look inside and at the events that have occurred up til now. It helps us to examine our core beliefs and preoccupations. The second insight also helps us put our own personal timeline into perspective and shows us alternatives to our past preoccupations.(ie: anger - empowerment, conformitycreativity)

Insight 3:

The 3rd insight explains how we can sense the energy fields around us. It tells us how we can not only use this energy to strengthen ourselves but to project energy into others fields by turning our focus in that direction.

Insight 4:

The 4th insight points out how we compete for energy. This is the cause of conflicts. When we are cut off from this energy we feel insecure, drained, this is because others manipulate other fields to draw the energy from them. In studying this insight, we learn to see what obstacles in our path are self-imposed. The 4th insight also goes into details concerning the ego states; parent, child, and adult.

Insight 5:

The 5th insight speaks to us about transcendent states. When we are in this transcendent state we experience an inner calmness, love and the over-whelming sense of being home, even if arriving at the specific location for the first time. As we journey through the 5th insight, we overcome many inner hurdles and begin to connect to the energy around us with creativity instead of control. We learn to use this energy creatively and in a healing manner instead of like a bull in a china shop.

Insight 6:

The 6th insight teaches that our path was created by our parents. We were born to our parents for a reason and it is up to us to discover what that purpose is. To discover this, we must examine who are parents was and what life lesson each of our parents were trying to teach us. We also begin to look at the 4 different control dramas that make up our lives. Intimidator, Interrogator, Aloof and the Poor me or victim.

Insight 7:

In studying the 7th insight we learn how we can evolve consciously. We learn the difference between intuition and impulsive desires. We are also shown how to examine our coincidences to understand what the universe has planned for us.

Insight 8:

In the study of the 8th, we learn to take a closer look at our relationships. Not just intimate relationships, but also relationships with co-workers and friends. It also helps us to understand how we can help each other to grow. We learn that we have to be careful not to lose connection to our inner-selves during our journey.

Insight 9:

The 9th insight has us looking forward at how things can be if we work together to evolve personally and follow our life’s path.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.