A German band fronted by Jürgen Engler, originally dedicated to wiping out stereotypes about Germans by playing the most stereotypically German music possible--sort of Kraftwerk on PCP--in the process inventing electronikbodymusik years before anyone was ready for it.

Over 15 years later, when industrial dance was finally poised to be the next big thing, they suddenly decided to become a crossover metal band and ended up touring the world opening for other bands.

Better when remixed, but still a good techno/metal/industrial band. They did a CD of Metallica covers, which wasn't as good as their usual stuff. They are actually international, but the lead is from Germany, and several of their songs attack fascism, racism, and Neo-Nazism. I've found them to have both a conscience and a beat, a rare combination. Plus, they still rock hard when stuck playing in a venue that's normally country-western, has only 20 or 30 people in the audience, and is in the middle of Fayetteville, AR... (They'll never come back, but they were nifty nonetheless.) ... Worth a check if you like Metallica, Stabbing Westward, Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, and so on.

Die Krupps is not, as my friend once suggested, some sort of death threat against a gourmet coffee maker. ;p

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.