A little green man with pointy ears and a big nose went strolling up the forest. He had many jobs in the forest, as a policeman, a doctor and occasionally a fireman. Today he had been called to investigate a malfunction, exactly what it was he had no idea. The sun light came through the leaves, some blue tits were singing, as were some Jackdaws. It reminded him of the day he spontaneously arose from a rotting elm tree and met the other sapient and half sapient beings of the forest. He came to a log cabin towards the west of the centre of the forest. It was made from long, thick logs from healthy trees. He knocked at the door.It was answered by a middle aged Anthropoid looking women wearing an apron and carrying a feather duster.

“Oh would you like to come in?” she said.

“Certainly” he said.

The room looked like any other suburban room, albeit without any electric appliances. The woman was busy removing the dust from the place. At times looking inane, other times concentrating hardly. The little green man breathed in the tranquility of the place before asking his questions.

“So, where’s the man of the house?” he asked.

“Oh, he works at the cafe down at the village after going through the corn fields at east side of the forest. It’s funny, every now and then someone goes missing and they’re all wondering where they’ve gone and it’s probably hubby whose disappeared them” she answered, grinning inanely.

“So, how will he have done that?”

She told him this whilst still dusting the place, talking and acting as though this was just an evening pottery class, which it was to her, of course.

“Well you see, at night, when moonlight touches us, we all turn into wolves, well, extra strong wolves with opposable thumbs who can stand for a few seconds on their hind legs. When that happens, we check the larder, if there ain’t enough victuals in the larder; we go out into the woods. Normally it consists of hunting down deer and collecting wild crocuses’, but occasionally some humans drive through this forest, and we throw fallen trees at them, causing the cars to crash and we put them in the larder as well. You should try human, it’s like Boar but greasier. When the sun rises we turn back into our Anthropoid selves, of course we’re usually back in bed by that stage.”

The little green man shook his head in what might have been interpreted as aproval, but could have meant any number of things.

“You seem to have an interesting life as werewolves, so what exactly is this malfunction?”

“Well you see our families only turn into wolves when we’ve reached puberty, until then we go to sleep in a reinforced concrete bunker to make sure that we don’t get killed, because, at that stage you look no different to a human so we get easily confused. Now our son is now 13 and we decided it would be time for him to sleep up here in the cabin. But last night when we turned into wolves, he didn’t, he just stayed Anthropoid, we thought he was a human and tried to kill him, but he held us all off with the kitchen stall, boy it still hurts now, we eventually left him went on out into the forest, but I’m worried something’s wrong with him.”

“It sounds very interesting, is your son in the house?”

“No he’s at school in the village, but there’s his blood stain on the carpet were hubby scratched him.”

“Well I can easily do a report from this piece of biological data”

The little green man then went over and began to move his hands over the blood stain. Slowly but surely, a continuous piece of paper came out of his mouth, with very intricate writing all over it. He looked at it, and he began to look increasingly plain.

“Ma’am, I think you should look at this report yourself”.

The werewolf housewife looked at the report, and the look of horror became ever more apparent.

“Oh my God, Oh my...Oh dear!”

“Yes Ma’am, your son is a Homo Sapien.”