Shallow thinking.

Just because it does not affect you does not mean you should not try to prevent it if you feel it is wrong. I agree completely that censorship does not apply here. They don't have any right to stop me or anyone else from saying anything. With that out of the way, I disagree on actual physical actions.

On this site, many people are "liberal" (I think this word is meaningless at this point. I am very liberal on free expression issues but conservative on others. however for lack of a better term I shall let it stand). They are behind Free Tibet or against clubbing baby seals or oppression some Third World country. None of these really affect the people who support them. However, it is considered perfectly fine, even commendable, to support these actions by the same people who condemn the actions of the Religious Right or whatever. Is it fine to meddle in the lives of those in other countries but not at home?

Let's be honest. This node should be titled : If I wants to do something and it isn't hurting you... DON'T BE A FUCKING DICK. That's the honest reason for this plea, freedom for just yourself. Especially since the current one is hypocritical... stopping someone from interfering with someone else if it doesn't have any effect on you would be just what you were railing against.

I'm kinda playing the Devil's Advocate here. I don't think anyone should be able to do anything about me smoking or whatever (I don't this is hypothetical). Especially when people do things to themselves that I don't like. At least be consistent, though. For me, if its speech or to yourself go at it. Otherwise, I reserve the right to object/complain.

No man is an island.