the crow is a darkly *beautiful* (if admittedly violent) piece on the immortality of love and the thought that death is *not* an end, but rather just another step in the constantly-turning wheel of forever.

the plot is most easily sumarized in a "revenge" tactic, and that's all it is on the surface, a decent plot, backed up with some excellent cinematography, a good score, and the basic coating of an action movie.

but take it deeper and it's intricate below its cover of fire and blood. the charcter interactions are more complex than readily apparent; the mystical and lore implications of the movie are very near correct, the music meshes amazingly with the script...and the fundamental truth is mindblowing.


i was absolutely in tears by the end of this movie. it is amazingly powerful and deep, and caught me entirely off-guard in terms of its truth. when you *have* died wrongly, and left a love... and after lifetimes of searching, find them again and return to their arms ... (and i will tell that story sometime later)... when you have lived, and died, in that... it was more than i could take. its ending song, "It can't rain all the time..." still makes me cry slightly each time i hear it, from its sheer beauty...