This spy movie from 1984 was directed by Richard Franklin. It was written by Tom Holland, Nancy Dowd, and Cornell Woolrich. The cast included Henry Thomas, Dabney Coleman, Michael Murphy, Christina Nigra, John McIntire, Jeanette Nolan, William Forsythe, and others.

Davey Osborne (Henery Thomas) is almost your average 11 year old boy, he plays video games and has fantasies about being a spy. Davey's mother is dead and his father, Hal Osborne (Dabney Coleman), an Air Force sergeant, is wrapped up in his own problems. So Davey lives a pretty lonely life wrapped up in his own world of games and spies. One of his favorite spy characters is Jack Flack (Dabney Coleman) he even imagines a walking talking Jack that is his friend. While Davey is visiting The Alamo(I think), an FBI agent that is about to get killed slips him a video game cartridge containing top secret information. Davey quickly finds himself in a real life game of espionage. No one believes his story and his is forced to survive with the aid of only a young girl, Kim Gardener (Christina Nigra), and his "Jack Flack".

Ah what a great family movie. I remember watching this many times as a kid. I thought it was pretty cool at the time. The game Davey is slipped is called Cloak & Dagger. I'm not sure if this was a real game or not, but IIRC in the movie it was an Atari cartridge.