This odd fantasy adventure movie was released in 1983. It was directed by Peter Yates and was written by Stanford Sherman. The cast includes Ken Marshall, Lysette Anthony, Freddie Jones, Francesca Annis, Bernard Bresslaw, Liam Neeson, and more.

A world light-years beyond your imagination.

An alien race called the Slayers land on the planet Krull. They lead by a horrid monster. The people of planet Krull attempt to come to gether to deffend their homeland, but their leaders are killed before an attack can be mounted. The Slayers also kidnapped Price Colwyn's (Ken Marshall) soon-to-be-bride Princess Lyssa (Lysette Anthony). Ynyr (Freddie Jones) gets Colwyn to form a small band to find a legendary weapon, defeat the Slayers and rescue Lyssa. This legendary weapon is the five blade sword, a throwing weapon that is supposed to have incredible power. Colwyn and friends are also chased by a Cyclops.

Ok movie, good sets, ok special effects, ok plot. I liked this movie when I saw it, but didn't (and still don't) think it was as good as some of the other movies of the same style. Dragonslayer, Red Sonja, and Conan the Barbarian come to mind. It just had to many moments of awkwardness and oddness. That and Colwyn never really used the weapon very effectively. The weapon was shown in all the previews, on the box, hyped up in the movie, and then in the end it was nearly a complete bust. WTF! I felt like I was ripped off. I would probably like the movie more if I hadn't been lead to believe the weapon was going to pull some badass stuff and complete rip apart the giant mountain-for-a-spaceship.