Have you looked at male models lately? Are they hairy? Nope. How about young male actors? Hairy? Nope. Being a hairy guy, I've never had a woman say she thought it was sexy, attractive, nor that it was repulsive for that matter, but they do like the shaved chest look. There was a day when a hairy chest was thought to be attractive on a guy, but that day isn't today. Many men today shave. Especially if they are in the business of showing off their bodies or just like to do it for fun.

As a guy you doesn't show off his body. I don't shave. Why? Convenience. I don't want to go through the hell of shaving my entire body every couple days. What do women need to save? Legs, armpits, and pubic area. Try shaving legs, arms, pubic area, chest, face (plus head if you go that route) and for most men back and butt too. That's a lot of freakin' shaving. That is also a lot of iching if you don't shave for a while.

But Hippie you have brought up a good point. Why don't we trim? I don't know, I've never really thought about it.

I believe cyclists shave their legs not so much for aerodynamics but to make first aid easier should they fall.

I was recently dating a girl that said she had never dated anyone with chest hair before. I told her she needed to start dating more men as opposed to boys. Hey, I thought it was funny at the time.