And this is how you can send an important message right back at him!

I found this little piece caught in my junk mail filter this morning, forwarded at me from a few different sources. Perhaps something for all fellow Australian noders to consider...

Friends,

As you are probably aware, over the next fortnight the Federal Government is sending a mailout to every household in Australia. In this pack is a letter from our illustrious Prime Minister, a booklet on how to help the government "fight terrorism" and a fridge magnet (!)

Today, Brisbane's Lord Mayor, Jim Soorley, made the eminently sensible suggestion that Australians who did not support the Howard government's backing of America's war should simply return the package to sender.

I, for one, think it's a fantastic opportunity to show Mr Howard that not all Australians think the way he does. If you agree as well, I urge you to:

1: Watch out for the package when it arrives, mark it "Return to Sender" and drop it in the nearest mailbox.

2: Please forward this e-mail to as many people as you think might be interested in joining this protest. Mr Howard's mailout is already on its way to practically every Australian - but e-mail can still beat it!

Please do not delay.

Now, isn't that a quaint little idea?

You were just going to read the pack, laugh at it, and throw it out anyway. Why not do something "constructive" with it instead?


Sasha: All well; the more that think to do it, the better! You're not Lord Mayor in Brisbane because you have taste; they'd probably make you drink XXXX. Savages.

2003.2.6@23:49 Zerotime says Oh, I just want the magnet. Apparently, it can detect evil at ten metres!