Why?

Why indeed?

I'm not a great writer.

I don't seem to be able to do it as well as you.

I'm not going to be able to wow you with my expansive vocabulary.

I'm can't write anything so achingly beautiful it's going to bring tears to your eyes.

I'm actually sorry because when I first started here, 7 years ago, that’s what I wanted to do.

So why?

Why should I while away my time reading and writing in this place where, after seven years of observation and the occasional urge to write something, I still exist, largely in a state of anonymity? The people here, most of you don't know who I am. You wouldn't recognize me if you saw me on the street and the same is true of me. I wouldn't know a GhettoAardvark, from a IWhoSawTheFace, from a Demeter, so why the hell, after 7 years, am I still here?

You see, for years to me this place was almost imaginary in it's nature. I'm not good at this whole internet communication thing, whatever it is. If you've know me well then you know I do my best communicating face to face, mostly with my eyes, and with my hands. I do my less articulate and intelligent communicating with my voice and my least effective communicating with a keyboard. To me this place was just a room full of Ether, something so alien and foreign to me as to be unreal. I came here to read and saw so many beautiful and useful things. This place has been invaluable in my transition from boy to man.

None of this amounts to anything...

Those things are only pretty nothings. They have nothing do with what is here that I love, or why I love what I do about this place. The fact that this website taught me how to be a better writer, or a faster reader, or even helped me hone my skills as a lover isn't what keeps me hitting that 'login' or that 'stubmit' button.



So why then do I love E2?



I love E2 because panting in the sunset because, I chased the Frisbee too far too many times is the best way to start an evening of drinking.

Because I left my soul there, down by the sea.

Because you watched movies with me in my office.

Because I loved watching a half naked Godzilla destroy that plane because it had the audacity to smash into his frontal noggin!

Because nothing, not even Gandalf can beat a two foot tall marshmallow and chocolate covered Balrog, complete with whip!

Because there and back again is always over too damn soon.

Because when I finally get a chance to meet you I will take your hand and smile much warmer than I would for any other new acquaintance.

Because when you leave at the end of the weekend I won't have to settle for a handshake, chances are we'll be hugging.

Because STARLINER RULES ALL! at least in Ohio

Because I love you, you, you, you, you, you, most certainly you, and oh fine, you too.

Because you kissed me on the cheek, hugged me, and told me goodbye in a way that made me know it wasn't really ever going to be goodbye.

Because I love Karrin Allyson.

Because Bart actually got me drunk enough to slam.

Because I love far too many, and not nearly enough of you.

Because /me misses sensei and Hermetic, even though I never had the pleasure.

Because when my wife was in pain, many of you showed your support, love, and kindness.

Because E2 is people and people with which to share our joys, our passions, our loves, and even our unspeakable pains is all any of us ever really needs.

Because in the end we are Everything 2...