Pretty much all the below is true except for the reference to Bridgeborough*

Delaware Bay is a body of water just off the Atlantic Ocean on the east coast of the United States of America. It exists as part of the border between New Jersey to the northeast and Delaware to the southwest.

From its mouth is a channel about twelve miles wide which stretches from Delaware's Cape Henlopen on the southern end to New Jersey's Cape May. From inland the bay is the exit point for the Delaware River and many other rivers from both states.

The bay is over fifty miles long, about four miles wide on the average, and its depth varies from thirty to sixty feet or more, depending on the tides and terrain. Due to the erratic depth further inland, the bay's anchorages and harbors are limited to near its mouth, facing the Atlantic. Delaware Breakwater is an excellent natural harbor near Lewes, Delaware. Both Capes have well-used anchorages, and Bridgeborough, New Jersey's Waterfront District* contains piers, a small marina, and in the early to mid 20th century was a major port, although its use has been somewhat lessened in recent decades.

Though shipping has lessened, fishing in the Delaware Bay has remained steady, despite setbacks further north near the Long Island Sound. The waters of Delaware Bay yield large annual catches of clams, crabs, oysters, lobsters, and other tasty marine life. Delaware Bay is the natural route followed by shipping to and from Wilmington, Delaware, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Camden, New Jersey, and Baltimore, Maryland. Chesapeake Bay is connected to Delaware Bay via the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal, an inland waterway accessible by deep-draft vessels.

* (This is linked to an experiment in hypertext fiction. See Bridgeborough, New Jersey for more information).