We're having the food discussion today, for the umpteenth time it seems.

I freely admit that I am a picky eater. I also freely admit that this can make it hard to plan dinners with me. I can't help the fact that I don't like certain foods, and I'm allergic to others. I try new things and force myself to attempt to like stuff, but sometimes I just can't. Sometimes I just don't like the food he makes. Sometimes it tastes too strongly of rosemary and the smell of too-hot olive oil seems to make its way all over the house. I force myself to eat it most of the time even if I don't like it that much. I didn't like the soup on Friday though, and refused to eat it. Now he thinks this means I hate everything he makes and he can't do anything right. This, of course, is untrue, and I have to cite examples to prove it. Yummy chili. Good cornbread. Love that chicken 'n cheese dish. Will you make the bean with bacon soup again soon?

Welcome to marriage. I love him and don't regret marrying him. I guess I just didn't realize that it would be so much work. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I just wish we could get past the food discussions.

We are going out for Thai food on Wednesday with his mom and sis. Hope that goes OK and there is something on the menu that I will enjoy and won't make me sick to my stomach. I can't eat tofu or anything fishy, including shrimp, because I end up with horrible stomach pains. I hate the taste of tofu and fish anyway, so I am not missing anything. Its just one more quirky thing about me that makes dinners with me difficult.

Alex is very adventurous when it comes to food. When we were in Australia on our honeymoon, he was trying all kinds of strange fish, and he had kangaroo for dinner one night. I stuck to steak, pork chops, and chicken. I worry sometimes that he'll get sick of my picky eating and leave me for a fusion chef or something.

In non-food news, I got the new New Order CD today. I like it. Some of the curtains I ordered came in the mail today, so now I need to find curtain rods that Alex and I will both like. I attempted to go to my class this morning, but it was canceled. My instructor was sick. I guess that was good since I forgot to bring my caffeine source with me to class and I would have had a hard time paying attention. I have a midterm on Friday I have to study for. I went grocery shopping. The Nature's employees were surly as usual.

I think life was more exciting when I was an angsty singleton, but that's OK. I'll take some boredom in exchange for stability.