If you've got any left over pumpkins from Halloween or Thanksgiving and you haven't opened them up yet, here's a good recipe for the seeds inside. You can cook them lots of different ways, or even use them in another recipe; this is just a simple way to bake them in the oven and have something to snack on.

  1. Cut open your pumpkin or pumpkins with a knife; make it about nine inch diameter circle.
  2. Remove the seeds with your hand; pumpkin guts won't hurt you. Don't use a spoon, it's just a waste of time that way.
  3. Once all of the seeds are removed, place them in a colander and rinse them under running water. Be sure to get rid of all the fibers and other material attached to the seeds.
  4. Take the seeds out of the colander and place them in a towel (paper towels will work]); dry them well.
  5. Now place the seeds in a bowl and toss them with about one tablespoon of olive oil.
  6. Place the seeds in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet; preheat your oven to 350 degrees (farenheight.)
  7. When the oven has reached the proper temperature, put the baking sheet with seeds in.
  8. Bake until the seeds turn a golden-brown color, stirring them around every few minutes; watch them carefully because they brown fast (10-15 minutes.)
  9. When seeds are fully baked, remove the baking sheet and let cool for 5-10 minutes; or until they are cool enough to handle with your bare hands.
  10. Place in another bowl and toss them with your favorite seasonings adjusted to your taste (salt and cinnamon work great.)
  11. Serves one because they're so damn good!