It is Christmas and I am in the ER with my mom. She's been having weird chest shit lately (mostly coughing stuff) and she's gone to the docs a couple times to get checked out. They gave her Prescription Kick-Ass cough medicine and an inhaler. She has an appointment with the pulmonologist tomorrow. Then, yesterday, she complained that her wrists and ankles were starting to ache. She guessed it was from a fall she had a couple days prior, as that was the only "weird" thing she did that could cause it.

Today, her ankles had swollen to the size of grapefruits, she barfed a lo, and after a few hours of feeling well enough to teach me how to prepare turkey and stuffing and open gifts, she got worse and my dad (who was spending Christmas with us) drove her to the hospital. She went to urgent care, and then was sent to the ER. As I type this, we are waiting for them to see her (it's about a two hour wait) and my dad has run off to do the Christmas errands he was going to do earlier before this happened.

They admitted her for the shortness of breath she's experiencing rather than the ankle swelling, which is concerning. I was going to write more about other stuff that's happened recently, but I am all worded out. Update to follow, probably.