"I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be. . . than me."

Wreck-It Ralph is Disney's 52nd animated film in the Disney Animated Canon. It was released November 2, 2012, and follows the story of a First-Generation-Donkey-Kong-esque arcade videogame villain named Wreck-It Ralph as he travels through different arcade game worlds, trying to become a hero and win a gold medallion. His motivation? To stick it to the little weebly-ass jerks who live in the apartment he is contractually obligated to destroy.

See, Ralph is from the game Fix-It Felix Jr, where the titular Felix goes and repairs an apartment building after Ralph destroys all the windows and things. It's literally just a job, but while Felix and the little people get to live in the really lush apartment building, Ralph is forced to sleep on a pile of rubble literally off-screen (for the videogame viewer). After not being invited to the game's 30th anniversary party, Ralph leaves his game entirely, going through the wires in search of a place where he can win a gold medal, mistakenly believing that if he wins a medal like Felix does every game, he will finally be accepted (or at least get to rub it in the head weebly-dude's face).

Along the way, Ralph accidentally winds up in a hardcore sci-fi first person shooter game called Hero's Duty and inadvertently and unknowingly releases a horde of alien devourers on the general gaming populace, causing the kickass soldier character Calhoun to hunt him down. Meanwhile, back at Fix-It Felix Jr, Ralph's absence has been noticed by the players; when they start up the game, nothing freaking happens. It's just Felix standing there awkwardly, waiting for Ralph to show up. The game gets labeled as Out of Order and the Fix-It crew realize what's happened: Ralph has gone Turbo. Turbo was a video game character who abandoned his game in search for others to conquer, and wound up getting his original game destroyed, killing everyone inside and leaving the escaping game characters homeless in the wires between games. Felix is sent by the Fix-It characters to find Ralph and bring him home before their arcade game is unplugged.

Ralph, meanwhile, has stumbled into Sugar Rush, a candyland-like racing game where he meets Vanellope, a girl who is glitched. She uncontrollably flickers out of existence and is treated like a pariah by the other racers and the game's leader, King Candy. Vanellope has stolen Ralph's medal, coercing him into helping her compete in the big race, and slowly a friendship is forged. But those cy-bugs are still on the loose, Calhoun is still gunning for Ralph's blood, Fix-It Felix is at risk of being taken down, and there's something awfully suspicious about King Candy and Vanellope's glitch...

Wreck-It Ralph is a great movie. The plot and characters are engaging, the writing is great, the visuals are breathtaking (as per the usual with Disney). The only complain I've heard are:

Halfway through it turns into a Vanellope movie. Her situation becomes the focus of the story, rather than Ralph's story, and he becomes a deuteragonist when we were expecting a straight protagonist. In fact, she so takes over that in Japan, the movie was actually advertised as her story, with Ralph as the side character and the movie was titled Sugar Rush.

The other complaint is the ending (SPOILERS).

Some people took umbrage with the film's message; namely don't try and better yourself or change your position. You are where you need to be for a reason.

On the whole, though, the film is the best one to come out in a long time. Unfortunately, despite the high opinions critics and audiences have of the film, Disney pretty much stopped marketing it. You're gonna be able to buy Frozen merchandise until the end of time, but this movie? I couldn't even find a Vanellope pin while I was at Disneyland, which is a damn shame because you KNOW the Sugar Rush area would make an awesome playset.