A device used to convert a Socket 370 CPU to a Slot 1 motherboard. Looks a lot like a Slot 1 CPU, but shorter and with a CPU socket mounted in the middle of the card. More expensive versions will generally have voltage adjustments through either dip switches or jumpers, as well as forcing the FSB speeds (66-100mhz, then 100-133) and the ability to switch between PPGA and FC-PGA pinouts - this lets you easily switch between a "classic" Celeron and a Socket 370 Coppermine Celeron or Pentium 3, as long as your motherboard supports the right voltages.

The slocket is usually a lot shorter than a real Slot 1 CPU, and generally doesn't come with a case (the Abit Slocket !!! does) to lock into the retention clips on either side of the slot, sometimes causing them to slip out of place slightly and short something out. Problems can also be caused by the larger HSF units sticking out too far from the card, as they're supposed to be mounted perpendicular to the motherboard, not parallel to it. This would normally block a RAM slot, forcing you to either move the RAM to a different slot (possibly causing instability), using a smaller HSF (such as the Golden Orb), or something like the Alpha PEP66 which has a side mounted fan.

There were rumors of a slocket-like device to convert Socket A Athlons and Durons to Slot A for use in older motherboards, but it was never actually released, either due to cost or instability problems.

Can also be spelt as "sloket" or "slotket".