I stare at the calendar for hours now. Five days until I turn my soul over to a man who will yell in my face and push my body to its limits for six weeks to see if I'm worthy of getting a shinny gold coin. My airman coin, a gold coin with a diving eagle attacking its prey. A coin that means everything the world's most superior air combat force.

All I can do now is wait, until I get my airline tickets to Lackland AFB, so my training will begin.

I never saw this coming a year ago. Me, a CCNA certified teenager that was about to tackle his A+, joining the USAF? Sheesh, a twist of fate to say the least. Everyone says I did the right thing, they'll (being the Gov't) pay for school, and room, and utilities, and food even, and they'll hand me $1100 a month for them teaching me how to tack weld and other sheet metal trades... it's like they're paying me to start my life... which ofcourse I don't mind. I also don't mind the $13,000 sign on bonus either.

They'll pay for all my school, and I'll have free time on my own, and even DSL too. The only catch = they own me for 6+ years... but hey, it could be worse. I could go over seas and fight. Don't get me wrong, I love this country, and I would fight for it, I just had other plans before I die.

I ponder a possible 'normal' day for me after boot camp and tech school.
Wake up at 5 a.m. and go to work. Come home at 5 p.m. and continue to learn Linux and try to get Apache working so I can get SNMHW.com off the ground. I goto school to get my BA in Computer Information Systems for a start. Come home and go drinking with some buddies. Travel on my vacation time, trying to meet as many E2 users as I can, and travel the country while I'm at it.

Life doesn't sound that bad, after boot camp that is. I'll node until the day I die. I promise.

This most likely the last node I'll write until I get out of Tech School and get my computer shipped to me where ever I am. I hope I can make everyone prouder than they already are of me.