My sister died in my dreams last night. She is the single most valuable member of my family to me, and everyone at the funeral kept following me around, waiting for me to completely break down. I wouldn't, not in front of them. At one point, someone I work with who I couldn't recognize (my new boss?) came to offer me some comfort by saying to me, "All the old timers at the store really wanted to be here." I didn't care about that kind of comfort. I just couldn't believe it had happened. She was so young, and now she was dead.

I sought out Julia's husband, Doug, to see how he was doing, and he had the same trail of expectant followers, ready to put him back together when he broke. There was a girl there, who attached herself on to Doug, and it was obvious, somehow, that they had gotten involved. She had beautiful braids, and the lost look of a junkie. The three of us got away from our mobs and started meandering over this beautiful green hilly landscape. She turned to me and said that she was going to go seduce someone for money since she didn't want to be a burden to Doug. It came to me that she was using Doug, and now she would drop him. I felt sorrow even as I noticed how much her hair sparkled in the sunlight. She walked away from us and there was Julia, surrounded by sparkling light. She told us not to worry, since the girl didn't have much time left anyway. We turned just in time to see the girl going through a huge, white, elaborate gate out of the meadow, suddenly surrounded by sparkling light herself. Then they were both gone, and the cat batted at my face, and I was awake.