Jim Fulton is the Zope Pope, BDFL of Zope, CTO of the Zope Corporation. He led the development of Zope, and now leads the development of a project called Zope3, which is a complete rewrite of Zope incorporating some rather cool ideas.

Jim got into Python in 1994 from Smalltalk. Being very experienced in object oriented programming, he has served on both the Python Software Activity Steering Committee and the ANSI Smalltalk committee.

Before joining Zope Corporation in 1996 (called Digital Creations then), Jim has been working for U.S. Geological Survey Water Resources Division developing and maintaining software in the field of hydrology. He has an M.S. in Software System's Engineering from George Mason University, an M.S. in Systems Engineering from Case Western Reserve University, and a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Case Institute of Technology.

Jim Fulton is fond of the saying The debugger is your friend. Here's what other people say about Jim Fulton:

When Jim says "tricky" it means your brain could explode. -- Michel Pelletier

Can inadvertantly make people's heads explode when attempting to explain how something works, rendering them unable to think very well for a while. -- Martijn Faassen

Never underestimate the Zope Pope. -- Shane Hathaway

Also, people say that Jim Fulton is a miraculous programmer who does not touch type, slowly types his programs with his two index fingers, and keeps thinking all the time, and comes up with marvelous programs.

On the other hand, Jim is a very friendly and easy-going person, without a bit of arrogance sometimes pertinent to some open source project leaders.

Nowadays he spends most of his time developing Zope3, and often travels to Zope Sprints held in different parts of the world, thus drawing more people into Zope3 development.