The Gentlemen's Fund is a charity effort organized by Gentlemen's Quarterly Magazine in celebration of its fiftieth anniversary. It has 73 corporate sponsors, and employs print and Internet advertisements to solicit public donations. John Legend is the poster boy for The Gentlemen's Fund.

What It's All About:
Gentlemen's Quarterly promotes the existence of five "cornerstones" in a man's life: Opportunity, Health, Education, Environment and Justice. With the goal of "raising support and awareness" for these cornerstones, it has selected a charity for each into which it channels its proceeds (CareerGear, Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS, A Better Chance, Global Green and Justice for Children International, respectively).

Fund Raising Methods:
Gentlemen's Quarterly promises to recognize the name of any donor of over $100 in its "Men of the Year" issue. At that most basic level, the donor will receive a placard recognizing his support. For any donation of over $500, he will also receive a commemorative lapel pin.

Beside corporate sponsorship and public solicitation, The Gentlemen's Fund has alternative fund raising methods. On its website, it sells specially printed Nautica deck shirts for $50. It is also holding an auction for a first-class trip to London, England, which features spa treatment by Clarins, private jet flights by Eos Airlines, a chauffeured Jaguar, a luxury hotel stay, dinner at Le Caprice, and seating at the Queen's Cup of Polo. The winner of the auction will also receive a full set of Tumi luggage, a $1000 shopping spree at Ben Sherman and Browns, and, best of all, five bespoke shirts from Turnbull and Asser.