My name is Kristopher, but only my mother, my girlfriend, and a select few female friends are allowed to call me by my full name; to everyone else, I am Kris. For some reason, people equate the KRIS spelling with females, and the CHRIS spelling with males. Go figure.

Like Eraser_, teachers and other authority figures got really confused when they saw my shortened name on a roster for, say, an athletic team, or other segregated activities. I sure as hell didn't look like a girl, but some adults insisted on questioning my gender. I didn't like that very much.

Upon hitting puberty, I began to receive all sorts of stuff in the mail. Magazines aimed at girls, maxipads, tampons, other feminine products. I even got an invitation for a beauty pageant once. This sort of thing really pissed me off until I began to see the humor in it. The only thing that I didn't get was, why do teenage girls get all the free shit, and the boys get the shaft? Not that I really need or want tampons, but I digress.

I like my name the way it is. It's unique, and it can be ambiguous when I want it to be. Not that I'm trying to gender-bend or anything; it's just fun to confuse people.

Eraser_: Tampons are a sin against God? Could you explain this? I'm curious about those wacky fundamentalists. :-)