Dear Prof. Morton:

It's come to my attention (i.e. I found out when I went to go cash a check) that the grades for all incomplete courses are due this afternoon in the registrar's office. As it's around four in the morning and I've already collapsed on the keyboard twice this evening, I highly doubt I will be handing you my paper prior to the grading process. Maybe it's lack of sleep, maybe it's the head injury, but I think, at this point, That it no longer matters to me. Please supply me with whatever grade you feel is necessary. I won't argue.
I will most likely be living with my parents for the foreseeable future, of course, when they yank away my financial aid, but at this point, the only thing I care about is being alive, healthy, and mostly sane. Do not take this as a disparagement of the course or yourself; no, rather, think of it as the realization and acceptance of my own incompetence. I will now go to sleep, where I can finally find some blessed peace.
Feel free to talk to me after German, if you feel it's necessary. I will be as cooperative and unhelpful as possible. I enjoy learning, but I prefer living much more.

This concludes our rant for the evening. Thank you, and good night, folks.

Yrs, JMM.