You've probably figured out by now that most of DARE's information on drug dangers are grossly exaggerated, but are there any drugs that are really as bad as they say? Actually, yes. While it's tempting to discount everything they told you because some (most) of it is wrong there really are some substances they are honest about.

Inhalants
I've never heard anyone say they got high on "inhalants" so don't feel bad if you didn't know what they were talking about (I didn't either). Basically inhalants are any toxic household substance that kids inhale to get a quick head rush or high. The "high" lasts only a few minutes and can include hallucinations, numb extremities and disinhibition and is immediately followed by headaches and nausea. People frequently huff repeatedly for a few hours to keep the high going which can lead to "sudden sniffing death" in which the heart fails. This can happen even the first time ever huffing. Chronic exposure to inhalants causes widespread and long-lasting damage to the nervous system and other vital organs. The toxic chemicals damage parts of the brain that control learning, movement, vision, and hearing. Damage to the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys may be permanent.
Just huffing once kills brain cells; you can't really do it without causing permanent damage. Even erowid.com, a site that is as close to a balanced view of drugs as you can get, strictly discourages inhalant use (I don't know of any other drugs they feel the same about).

Alcohol
Actually I only put this on here because DARE didn't make a point of exaggerating the dangers of alcohol use. They even admit that there is a difference between use and abuse! They don't mention the potential positive effects of moderate alcohol use, but would you really expect them to? Of course they mention that chronic alcohol abuse is harmful and can lead to permanent damage to vital organs such as the brain and liver and severe withdrawal when drinking is suddenly ceased. Actually I think they kind of downplay the addictiveness of alcohol quite a bit, especially in relationship to other drugs.

If you have any ideas please message me.