Well this happened a few years ago. That left us with two cats after starting with three. That January I had one put down (she had all sorts of problems, was in poor health). The one cat we had left died last night. She wasn't doing very well, hadn't been for a few months. Last night when I got home from work she was drooling, panting.

I don't know how much longer she would have lived otherwise, but last night the kids dumped a clothes hamper on her. She didn't even move to get out of the way (just think of how quick and nimble cats usually are). I wasn't there when it happened but according to my wife it looked like that gave her a major heart attack.

She probably had feline leukemia but I'll never know for sure. It'd make sense since she was so close years ago to another cat that died from it, and we knew for sure that she'd had it.

So that sucks. She was only six years old. She was born in 2003 and we'd bought her as a kitten from Petsmart, the only cat we've ever gotten in that manner. We didn't even give her the name - Cameo - they'd named her. Actually we got her a week before we found out we were going to have Ryan. We got her on a whim. We hadn't planned on coming home with a kitten that day. It was weird.

So, see ya later Cameo. It was fun while it lasted. Sorry I wasn't as close to you as I was Cotton but it was still sad to see you go like that, kind of young. You were a good cat.