Oh, the first nights of Fall, they are so wonderful, the air is so crisp and fresh, roll down the windows, turn off the air conditioning, put your arm out the window and let it ride the wind, reconnect with the world, it's so cool, so exhilarating with the oppressive heat from summer gone, you feel so free, you wanna fly with the leaves, you smell the slightly stingy scent of the dewed grass, the earthy scent of the fallen leaves, the acrid scent of the smoke of the first fireplace fires, sure it's slightly depressing, the carefree days of summer dying, especially if you're still in school, and everything else starting to die, but it's actually time to start living when you get that first chill, that first sensation, that walk with your partner wearing jackets cuddling close kicking dead leaves skidding them down the sidewalk feeling, you start thinking of Halloween, pumpkins, the wind actually starts howling and things start to get creepy - no, not the bad creepy, the fun little-bit creepy, oh eat your heart out Southern California or Florida or any place where you never get to experience the wonderful transition from hot, steamy nights to crunchy, cool, moonlit, melancholy, sleepy autumn nights, this is the place to be in September and October, oh yes indeed!

That's fall.

Or, the beginning of it at least.