, it is simply one of the best sitcoms I have seen. Unfortunately it stopped in 1999
, but all things must come to an end.
- Tim Allen as Tim "The Toolman" Taylor; Tim's the main person of the whole show, a funny guy who loves his tools, and also Tool Time, his own tv show; he doesn't like showing his feelings and he hates Bob Vila.
- Patricia Richardson as Jill Taylor; Jill is Tim's wife, she actually "rules" the house, though Tim wouldn't admit it, she's a bit feminist I believe.
- Zachery Ty Brian as Bradley Micheal Taylor; the family's oldest son, not as intelligent as Randy, but not very dumb either. He enjoys playing football, working on Tim's hot rod and women.
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Randy William Taylor; Randy's the smallest in the family, though he's older than Mark. He's the smartest kid, funny and doesn't share Tim's interests as much as Brad.
- Taran Noah Smith as Mark Taylor; the youngest in the family, in the beginning Brad and Randy do like making fun of him, but later Brad and Mark even like each other a bit.
- Richard Karn as Al "I don't think so, Tim!" Borland; Al is Tim's partner in his TV show, Tool Time. He is a bit more talented with tools of all kinds than Tim, who ruins something nearly every episode of Tool Time.
- Debbe Dunning as Heidi; Heidi is the second Tool Time girl (Pamela Anderson was the first). She becomes more important in the later episodes.
- Earl Hindman as Wilson Wilson Jr.; Wilson is Tim's neighbour and he often helps him and solves his problems, so without him Jill and Tim perhaps wouldn't even talk to each other anymore. ;)
Apart from the children's characters, I think Jill has changed the most during the years of Home Improvement. In the first episodes she was just a mother, but later she was really cool and even told stories about being stoned in a Led Zeppelin concert.
Oh my god, I think I spent too much time watching Home Improvement...