"The Saudi's are free to pass any laws they wish, and neither you or I have the right to question their authority in their own country, it is THEIRS, not ours.". I would say here that there are two points to be made:

  1. Their authority is undisputed (by force majeure at the very least). Having conceded the raw authority point, I feel perfectly entitled to question their consistency, within their own moral universe - namely, the consistency of their laws with the Koran, just like I would question the consistency of any State's behaviour in comparison to its Constitution.
  2. human rights. Universal human rights, a concept born of the French Revolution do not stop at borders. Humanitarian interference is certainly a debatable point, but there is a growing feeling that you can't just turn your country into a little hellhole and tell the world "it is our own internal affairs".
    Of course, countries with nuclear weapons and/or important resources get away with it.

"Saudi Arabia accepts none of the values of the West". What ? do we share the same planet ? Wealthy Saudi Arabians appear to share with the West:

  1. A passion for very visible material goods: cars, yachts, helicopters. And also some invisible ones, like Swiss bank accounts.
  2. A taste for blondes.
  3. Racism. Just try to be an Indian worker in Saudi Arabia.
  4. A passion for fucking their maids, who are not in a position to say no. Go to Sri Lanka, and listen to the stories.

Westernized enough for you ?