Something Revolutionary on a Tuesday Night 9 pm – 10 pm


Weeknight Sound Track
Tuesday 8pm | Tuesday 9pm | Tuesday 10pm


Part I: What’s The Point?
1. Dave Matthews BandDancing Nancies (6:03)
2. Harry Connick Jr.Honestly Now (5:31)
3. Boxcar RacerThere Is (3:17)
4. StaindIt’s Been Awhile (3:14)
5. Blink 182What Went Wrong (Hidden Track from Take Off Your Pants and Jacket) (3:12)
6. Simple PlanMeet You There (4:14)

Transition
7. IncubusThe Warmth (4:24)

Part II: Something Revolutionary
8. GreendayJaded (1:30)
9. Jethro TullFlute Solo from My God (2:18)
10. GoldfingerSuperman (3:05)
11. Jimmy Eat WorldPraise Chorus (4:06)
12. Lucky Boys ConfusionDo You Miss Me? (2:49)

Transition
13. Harry Connick Jr.Piano Solo from Booker (1:49)

Part III: Memories Make Us Who We Are
14. DMB#41 (6:38)
15. OasisChampaign Supernova (7:25)


It’s Tuesday. It’s what the networks like to pawn off as “prime time”. It’s that part of the week where everything feels mundane. It’s that part of the week that doesn’t seem to exist as routine consumes. I think about the weekend and the shitstorm that brewed ceaselessly as usual. I think about next weekend and the prospect of that utopian pristine Saturday where nothing is capable of going wrong. Then my scope narrows: work. Monday sucked, it was Monday. I like Thursdays, but today’s not Thursday. Wednesday is closer to Friday. But no, lo and behold it’s just Tuesday. And in what feels like a blink, a minute flash of time, without conscience effort or consideration, I take into account the same question I do every week: What is the point to all of this?


Part I: What’s The Point?
1. Dave Matthews BandDancing Nancies (6:03)

”Could I have been anyone other than me?” Why is it every night I sit here, drinking endless amounts of caffeine, being the good consumer wanting more than whatever it is I have. Bills beget bills. Enemies beget enemies. Dysfunctional families just beget. The complicated structure that is life has no relief in sight, except for Saturday, there’s always hope for Saturday. Until then you can either settle into monotonous repetition or do the impossible: motivate yourself.

2. Harry Connick Jr.Honestly Now (5:31)

”Safety’s just danger, out of place.” With all this emotional energy setting myself up for success, my mind quickly turns to reflect on failure. So many times in life we try to climb our mountains, acquire the prize, reap the rewards, and even, on occasion, enjoy life. This is about the time I realize I haven’t even been watching whatever is on the TV, or haven’t even been listening to the radio. This is the time when reach for my good buddy Pepsi and his best friend Pringles. This is the time when caffeine and dried potatoes give me solace as I remember how long it’s been since I enjoyed the company of lost friends.

3. Boxcar RacerThere Is (3:17)

”I’ve given a lot of thought to, the nights we used to have.” And I do all the time. When fact and fiction are mirrored emotions strike ten-fold.

4. StaindIt’s Been Awhile (3:14)

”And it’s been awhile, since I’ve gone and fucked things up just like I always do. And then the self-loathing begins. It’s almost a requirement. I feel bad, almost daily, for every mistake. Sure, I’ve learned from them. Wait, hell yes I’ve learned from them. I’ve quested for self-improvement from every error I make. But to really progress, to really evolve, things have to make sense. People rarely make sense.

5. Blink 182What Went Wrong (Hidden Track from Take Off Your Pants and Jacket) (3:12)

”What went wrong cause you said this was right.” Fine. You went your way. I’m going mine. You do what you need to do, and I will as well. I won’t like it. I don’t have to.

6. Simple PlanMeet You There (4:14)

”A part of me is gone…” And this is my favorite part of feeling pathetic and dejected. This is where I take a literal deep breath and get my proverbial second wind. This is where I feel invigorated, almost energized. This is not just the frivolous planning that brings on the depressing moments; this has the potential for real change. This is the moment when I remember the words of friends who quote songs to encourage each other. Speaking takes too much work, let’s be honest. This is when I remember that “not everyone here is that fucked up and cold.”

Transition
7. IncubusThe Warmth (4:24)


”Don’t let the world bring you down. Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold.” Damn straight. This is where I realize I haven’t been sitting. I feel my face get hot, probably flushed. I want to do… something! I feel like I could conquer a small country, cripes, a large country if the mood strikes me. I want to do something… new. I want to do something that borders on revolutionary.

Part II: Something Revolutionary
8. GreendayJaded (1:30)


”Always move forward…” And now I am.

9. Jethro TullFlute Solo from My God (2:18)
10. GoldfingerSuperman (3:05)


”Holding on to what I am, pretending I’m a Superman.” I may have lost a lot but I still have quite a bit and for that: I am thankful.

11. Jimmy Eat WorldPraise Chorus (4:06)

”Whatcha gonna have to say for yourself?” The accomplishments of my life feel like shards of glass that may never fit together into a nice window. They feel more like a party where every moment is packed with simultaneous loss and gain.

12. Lucky Boys ConfusionDo You Miss me? (Killian’s) (2:49)

”And everyone here reminds me there’s no point in going home.” Why stop? Why give up? Friday night isn’t really all that far. Thursday’s are great and are really just around the corner. Hell, even Wednesday isn’t all bad… I guess. Keep partying. Enjoying life to it’s fullest. Milk it for all it’s worth because one day that cow is gonna buy the farm. And that’s when I pick up the phone. That’s when I do a huge reality check. That’s when I call someone I really shouldn’t and talk about something that’s supposed to be in the past. That’s when I try to change the world.

Transition
13. Harry Connick Jr.Piano Solo from Booker (1:49)


Part III: Memories Make Us Who We Are
14. Dave Matthews Band#41 (6:38)

”I’m only this far and only tomorrow leads the way.” So much has happened, though mainly in my mind on this idle Tuesday. No outward change will be apparent. On the most life changing Tuesday my best friend may comment on Wednesday, but that’s the extent of it. Whoever I called, contacted, drove out of my way to see, that person has by now put it out of their mind. I’m always one step away from letting the weight of the world crush me. Remembering the past on these tedious Tuesdays is truly the goal I think I set out for.

15. OasisChampaign Supernova (7:25)