Ok, I work at a fast food restaurant (and don't worry ClockworkGrue, we call our customers customers, not guests). It's a mom and pop establishment, not like Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, etc. Anyhow, customers come through our drive-thru day after day and order in a way that makes my blood boil, metaphorically. So, I have taken it apon myself to write a "guide" about how to order at a fast food restaurant. As stupid as it sounds, the employees would appreciate it if you followed this guide.

Please do know, that this applies mostly to drive-thru ordering. If you are ordering in the lobby, I understand that each person will order individually. An important thing to realize, is that the employees are dealing with people who don't give a damn about them all day. This means a lot of customers can be rude, and ruin someones day real quick. Honest to God, the longest amount of time it takes to interact with a rude customer is, at most, an hour. On a good day. When business is slow. And the roads are icy. Ok, a little too much? Anyway, the employees you have to deal with may very well have already met Mr. Hurry!-I'm-Late-For-My-Appointment!-It's-Most-Certainly-Your-Fault-For-Not-Getting-Me-My-Food-Fast-Enough. Thusly, one may get irritated fairly quickly. Your fault? No, not at all. But it helps if you're nice. No one ever tips at a fast food joint, either wink wink. It can really brighten someone's day right up. That being said, ordering out of order may very well be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Step One: Main Course
The main course includes things like hamburgers, fish, chicken, shrimp, sandwiches, and the like.

Step Two: Side Items
Things like french fries, tater tots, onion rings, breaded mushrooms, jalapeno poppers, cheddar tots, and foods such as that.

Step Three: Drinks
I'm sure this one needs no explanation. I'm going to anyway though. Sodapop, shakes, slushies, similar items in drink form, and even ice cream should be ordered last.

"Give me a cheeseburger, medium fries, and a large pepsi, another pepsi, and another cheeseburger." If you knew you were getting two, why not order them together? "Two CB's, FM, PepL." Much easier. Before I forget again, if you're ordering meals (cheeseburger large combo or similar), feel free to order combo after combo. I understand it's easier to bunch them up then spread it out across the steps. I apoligize for failing to mention that previously. If you are ordering multiple orders (example: two separate payments) please please please mention this BEFORE you order. Don't say the entire first order, then say, "And on the next order I'd like..." The employees would like to be prepared before you do that. It's a nice gesture also. "Hello. May I have two separate orders, please?" That sentence works miracles. Honest to God, I think to myself, "Thank you for letting me know what is going on."

I know you may not care about how you order food, especially at a fast food restaurant, but most of the employees (especially the cooks) would be much happier if you didn't order in a different style. You have no idea how frustrating it is when a customer orders their food all out of whack. So please, for the love of God, make sure the people that are handling your food are happy.

I swear on the Bible, following these instructions will make your fast food dining expierence more enjoyable. At least for the employees.

Thank you.

Thank you to themanwho for basically letting me know I didn't explain myself, well, at all.