A bacterial disease characterized by the severe, constant, bloody diarrhea. There are actually different bacteria that can cause dysentery; some common flavors are Amebiasis, Shigellosis, and Giardiasis

There are two main ways to get dysentery. The first way is to go to a foreign country where the local inhabitants are already immune to the local strain, and eat some contaminated food. The other way is to be forced into squalid, unsanitary conditions with a large number of strange people, such as a refugee camp or a public swimming pool. Either way, dysentery is passed when fecal matter from an infected person winds up being ingested by another person.

If you live in modern conditions, then dysentery is no more than a harassment; all you have to do is take some antibiotics and ride out a week of rest and inconvenient bathroom breaks. If you are in a poverty-stricken third world country with no antibiotics, however, dysentery can be a slow, horrible, humiliating way to die. Dysentery fatalities are usually from dehydration, as sufferers expel water faster than they can absorb it.

To prevent dysentery, live clean, make sure your water is boiled, and don't put anything in your mouth when you're around people who suffer from it.