Lometa’s Perfect Puppy

Hi everybody! I hope you're all doing good, especially Lometa. My dad told me a little bit about how you lost your dogs. I think I know how you feel. I want to tell you about my dog. Her name was Trover and my mom found her when she was only a puppy and took her home. This was before I was even born! She told me she was only supposed to stay for a little while but she wound up staying 16 years.

She was black and white and looked a little like a Husky. At first, she was very playful and energetic but then she calmed down. I think she was a little jealous of me because my mom and I spent so much time together. Things changed when we moved to the country. Trover REALLY liked being outdoors all the time and even though she was getting older she loved to play and chase me around.

Then she started getting sick and her back legs didn’t work too good anymore. My stepdad built this little wagon that she could use to pull herself around. One week I went away to Girl Scout camp and when I got home my mom told me that Trover had died while I was gone. It made me really sad because I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye. She was my best friend for a long time.

My Dad also told me you might be looking for a puppy so I wanted to tell you some things I like about puppies.

  • Wet noses and all the licks
  • All the cuddling and playing
  • Floppy ears and wagging tails
  • How they are always happy to see you, they never seem to be sad!
  • The way they run after their toys
  • I’m sure there’s lots more but that’s all I can think of for now.

    Whenever I see puppies, I think of Trover. Sometimes I think that there’s a little of Trover in every puppy.

    Bye!