I should know better by now than to respond with my own personal feelings about a write up but I feel somewhat compelled since what esteemed user Haddock seems to be describing seems to be more of what I’d call an “asshole” than a “badass”. There’s a big difference.

First of all, let me state that real badasses don’t advertise. They don’t need to. They can usually stop a fight by looking at someone cockeyed and even though they seem just like you and me, you can usually tell them apart the minute you see them. They’re the quiet ones that would rather walk away from a potential fight than to get involved. It usually takes a lot of prompting to get them provoked but when the right buttons are pushed, look out. The person that did the provoking will be sorry they ever thought about tangling assholes.

Real badasses don’t brag about their exploits and in fact, often times seem embarrassed over them. When forced into conversation about them, they usually state that whatever they did to earn their reputation was no big deal. Real badasses don’t like to make spectacles of themselves like some kind of poser putting a show for the world to see. Those folks are a dime a dozen and a real badass would chew them up and spit them out like a piece of spinach that was caught between their teeth.

Real badasses are nice people until the time comes when it’s no longer prudent to be nice. Even then, they take pity on the posers who got their motor running in the first place and rather then send them to the hospital, might just subdue them until they realize the error of their ways. Real badasses like to observe the goings on around them and to have a plan should things take a turn for the worst. They rarely act on emotion. For them, it’s simply business.

Real badasses don’t pick on nuns, orphans, widows, cripples, little children or pets. Instead, real badasses defend them.

They’ll leave that other type of behavior to the assholes of the world.