I just got off the phone with borgette and we’re down to T-minus 35 days and counting before she heads off to Cincinnati to start college.

Having never been fortunate to attend college myself, I don’t know what life in the dorms is all about. I asked her to make a list of “necessities”, “nice to haves” and maybe a “splurge” item or two to make life easier.

If some of you out there have any suggestions, I’m all ears.

She’s already registered for her classes, more on that in the not too distant future, and has gotten to know her dorm mates. She says she’s not nervous but there was a bit of trepidation I could hear in her voice.

God, eighteen years gone by in the blink of an eye. Sometimes I still see her as a six year old toddling down the street to play with her friends. Now I see her as an adult. I wish I was able to recall each and every milestone and for the ones I did manage to capture, I hope I did them justice.

Even though over the past few years we’ve spent less time together than we did when she was younger, I hope that time was well spent.

She’s not even gone and I can feel the empty nest syndrome already beginning to kick in.

I’ll probably be a basket case when the time does come and she waves goodbye.

Thanks to everybody here who have shown us support and encouragement over the years.

Now, as for you young lady:

Godspeed on your journey and if you make yourself proud, you’ll have made me even prouder than I already am.