We have to travel back in time a bit, to a time before the war in Afghanistan had officially begun and the so-called “Partnership of Nations” was in its infancy. In order to try and minimize civilian casualties (and to identify members of the Taliban) the United States dropped a series of six leaflets over the towns and villages to try and warn the residents of what was just over the horizon and to let the civilian population know what actions they should take before the real bombs started falling. If you take the time to read them all, you’ll also notice how the tone of the message increases in intensity as the day of reckoning draws closer. For what it’s worth, the verbiage used was in many different languages and even included illustrations for those portions of the population who were illiterate. In order to reach a larger audience, I believe the warnings were also broadcast over the radio.

The Partnership of Nations is here to help!!!!

On September 11, 2001, the United States was the target of terrorist attacks, leaving no choice but to seek justice for these horrible crimes. We are here to take measures against the terrorists that have rooted themselves in your country. It is not you, the honorable people of Afghanistan, who are targeted, but those who would oppress you, seek to bend you to their own will, and make you slaves.

These terrorist and oppressors are currently in your country, undermining your economy, your rights as citizens, and your place in the international community. It does not have to stay that way. But the battle against the fanatics that feed off the blood of the Afghan people cannot be won without your help.

It will take the combined efforts of the international community and you to remove these evil people from Afghanistan. Take the following action: Do not give food, shelter or any type of aid to the Taliban or Usama bin Laden. This will be a great help in the effort.

We have no wish to hurt you, the innocent people of Afghanistan. Stay away from military installations, government buildings, terrorist camps, roads, factories, or bridges. If you are near these places, then you must move away from them. Seek a safe place, and stay well away from anything that might be a target. We do not wish to harm you.

With your help, this conflict can be over soon. And once again, Afghanistan will belong to you, and not tyrants or outsiders. Then, you will reclaim your place among the nations of the world, and return to the honored place your country once held. Remember, we are here to help you to be free from the terrorism, despotism, and the fear and pain they bring with them. This is the best way to restore honor and dignity and make your country a free nation once again.

The Partnership of Nations is here to help!!!

Since the time of the Soviet invasion, Afghanistan has been a country in conflict. War and strife have been a constant part of the daily life of its citizens. Yet time and time again, it has not been the people of Afghanistan, but outsiders who have been the real cause of this pain and destruction.

Latest in the line of those who would aid in the destruction of this once great country is Usama bin Laden and the despots called the Taliban who now rule. These people have continually aided in the destruction and deteriorization of Afghanistan.

Afghanistan's economy is nearly non-existent, and because of the Taliban's support for terrorist such as Usama bin Laden, Afghanistan has been shunned by the international community. Even now the Taliban undermines the lives and rights of the people of Afghanistan, treating women as little more than slaves, and treating the rest of the population little better. The so-called leaders of the Taliban are disrespectful of Afghan cultural and Islamic tradition and its proud past.

Now they have brought the anger of the United States and the international community upon themselves through their terrorist actions. Now, forces are coming into Afghanistan from outside places to bring justice because of the atrocities committed by Usama bin Laden and the Taliban.

With the help of the nations of the world, and the people of Afghanistan, the United States will now remove these tyrants from Afghanistan. It will take a combined effort to do this, and every bit of help is needed. Try and find ways to ignore the Taliban and Usama bin Laden's requests for help, and do not give them food or shelter.

The United States does not want to injure or kill innocent civilians, destroy homes, hospitals, mosques, or other public places. This is most easily avoided if people stay away from military installations, Taliban government buildings, the camps of Usama bin Laden, and other places where terrorists gather.

Afghanistan can once again became a proud member of the international community that it once was. The people of Afghanistan can once again take control of their land and set it free from foreign invaders and local tyrants who have inserted themselves into its power structure. Help free yourselves from despotism and rejoin the nations of the world.

The Partnership of Nations is here to help!!!

"Just as the blood stains the apron of the butcher, unjustly shed blood remains on the hand of the murderer" - Afgan poem

On September 11, 2001, thousands of people were killed en masse in the United States. Among them... was a two year old girl. Barely able to stand or dress herself. Did she deserve to die? Was she a thief? What crime had she committed? She was merely on a trip with her family to visit her grandparents.

Policemen...firefighters...teachers... doctors...mothers... fathers... sisters...brothers... all killed...WHY? These people did nothing to warrant the kind of wrath inflicted upon them.

Thousands of good people died on that day at the hands of terrorists. Deluded fighters that prey upon the unsuspecting and the innocent. They are cowards that hide in the shadows and strike at the weak. They strike out at expectant mothers, the elderly, and at little children. They fire their weapons blindly inflicting death and destruction upon the innocent. They hide like cowards and strike from afar, return to the safety of their shadows before they can be caught. They believe they are heroes, Ghazi warriors triumphing over the evil of the West. However the truth is...They are murderers, and do not represent Islam.

It is inconceivable that any country in the world would tolerate the kinds of horrific terrorism committed against the United States. It is now that we ask for your help and support in seeing those guilty for these crimes brought to justice. Please, for your own safety, do not interfere with United States military operations. The United States forces are not here to occupy you, nor are they here to make you give up your proud heritage. We understand that your culture and heritage is important to you and we wish to disturb it as little as possible. However we must seek out justice for those who have fallen victim to terrorists. Terrorists and those who harbor terrorist must be stopped. With your support we will ensure that those guilty will be brought to justice.

The Partnership of Nations is here to help!!!

Dear Afghanistan... A grave crime has been committed against the United States. Four of our planes have been hijacked, several buildings in our economic centers destroyed and more than 6,000 innocent people, hundreds of which were Muslim, were murdered by the hand of Usama bin Laden, Al Quaeda, his supporters and the Taliban.

We see these actions as acts of war. We will not sit idly by and do nothing in these times. However, we do not wish to spill the blood of innocent people, as did the cowardly terrorists.

We do not blame the Muslims or Afghans for these attacks. We do not hold those who follow true Islam responsible. We will hunt down and punish these terrorists. They will pay with their blood.

America is not against the beliefs of Islam, nor is it against Muslims. More than a million Muslims live and worship Allah in peace in the United States, a number equal to almost half the population of Afghanistan.

In the United States people of all religions live side by side in peace. Muslims living in America have the same rights to worship as any other citizen of any other religion.

We are not here to attack your religion or your way of life. We are attacking the terrorists and their hosts, the Taliban, for the atrocities committed against the United States. We do not wish to harm or occupy the people of Afghanistan.

The terrorists see themselves as heroes, martyrs, and saviors. However, no nation or religion would tolerate the kinds of vicious unprovoked attacks like those committed against the United States.These acts of terror and violence are inexcusable in any culture, and we will bring to justice those who have committed these crimes.

The Partnership of Nations is here to help!!!

Attention Taliban! You are condemned. Did you know that? The instant the terrorists you support took over our planes, you sentenced yourselves to death.

The Armed Forces of the United States are here to seek justice for our dead. Highly trained soldiers are coming to shut down once and for all Usama bin Laden's ring of terrorism, and the Taliban that supports them and their actions.

Our forces are armed with state of the art military equipment. What are you using, obsolete and ineffective weaponry?

Our helicopters will rain fire down upon your camps before you detect them on radar. Our bombs are so accurate we can drop them right through your windows. Our infantry is trained for any climate and terrain on earth. United States soldiers fire with superior marksmanship and are armed with superior weapons.

You have only one choice....Surrender now and we will give you a second chance. We will let you live. If you surrender no harm will come to you.

When you decide to surrender, approach United States forces with your hands in the air. Sling your weapon across your back muzzle towards the ground. Remove your magazines and expel any rounds. Doing this is your only chance of survival.

The Partnership of Nations is here to help!!!

Taliban leaders! By harboring Al Quaeda and their leader Usama bin Laden you have declared war on the United States, and by doing this you have just guaranteed your own demise.

Hand over these criminals and you will save yourselves from destruction. By not turning over Usama bin Laden and Al Quaeda to stand trial you are showing the world that you are weak, and that you need a criminal organization and its leader to protect you. However, they cannot protect you from what will happen if you do not comply.

Like all criminals, they will try and hide from their impending punishment. They will leave you to fight the United States and our overwhelming military by yourselves.

Our military is bigger, faster and stronger:, with more modernized weapons and better trained troops. You will be attacked by land, sea, and air. There will be no warning as to when and where we will attack.

Destruction is imminent if our will is not met. Bin Laden may tell you he can protect you from the mighty United States, but all he can protect you from are unarmed innocent men, women, and children. He can have his subordinates hijack civilian airplanes and take bombs into civilian buildings, but he cannot save you from the justice of the United States.

Resistance is futile, our goals will be achieved. If not willingly then by overwhelming force. You have but one choice, and that is to comply quickly, for time is short. You will suffer the same fate as the terrorists if you do not comply with our demand.

Note: These were originally posted as separate entries back before the start of the war. It’s hard to believe that it was over eleven years ago and we still haven’t figured out a way to extricate ourselves from what has become a quagmire.

Source(s)

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/US/10/18/ret.flyers/
http://www.psywarrior.com/radioscripts.html
,/br>