Weekend Sound Track
8am | Saturday 9am | 10am



One of the advantages of Saturday is the possibility of sleeping in, with no alarm clock violently removing you from the warmth and fuzzyness. And once you do start to wake up, there's nothing forcing you to jump out of bed and hurry towards a day of stress while still half-asleep. The ability to stay in bed for a little longer, one foot in the dream world, gradually returning to reality, is one of Saturday's greatest simple pleasures.

So, as my set I offer you a bunch of smooth, mellow and positive tunes for giving you a kick to get up and encounter an another great weekend.

After some major changes (apologies to Brian and Balanco), the playlist is now complete. And yes, I had to include two FPM tracks. I Hope you'll enjoy the material.

 
 

01
Groove Armada
At the River

06:33
It's silly, corny and very simple. But I love it. Perfect for drifting off, no matter what time of day and week it is.

02
Yoshinori Sunahara
Love Beat (World of Apples Mix)

06:47
I don't know if the lo-fi samples fit in with the rest of the stuff. But this one is just too soft and fuzzy to leave out!

03
Doopees
Doopee Time

02:31
A dry sample-driven package of sweet, sweet sillyness. NOT recommended by the national dentists' union!

04
Swell Session
A Swell Session

09:28
An ultra-smooth number which can seriously stick to one's head...

05
Luke Vibert
Slipped Disc

05:49
Good-natured fun with piercing classic breakbeats.

06
Fantastic Plastic Machine
Belinda May

06:49
Although we have heard better rhythm tracks from them, FPM still does a killer work in this remix of Ennio Morricone's movie soundtrack. Beautiful.

07
Cosmic Village
Starseed (Kyoto Jazz Massive Reseeded)

08:35
Space-age acid jazz with kicking beats and a nice selection of groovy sounds.

08
Soul Bossa Trio
Words of Love (Re-Loved by Jazzanova)

07:26
In case you're wondering how Jazzanova got their reputation as top class remixers.. Here's one of the best examples.

09
Fantastic Plastic Machine
Love Is Psychedelic

05:58
This tune blows my mind every single time I hear it. Definitely a future classic.