In the UK, there is an ID card, "Prove It!" specifically for the purposes of allowing you to buy booze in pubs and off licences. So, for the fresh-faced amongst you, here is how to get yourself a real fake Prove It! card:

(Disclaimer: This is probably illegal. The methods described below are for novelty purposes only)


Ingredients

One accomplice with no morals, aged over 18. For the purposes of this recipe, we shall call him Fred.
One responsible person of good standing, such as a doctor or vicar
Two photographs of accomplice, passport sized
Two photographs of self, also passport sized
Two application forms for a Prove It! card (can be downloaded from: http://www.portman-group.org.uk/initiatives/)

Step One

Get Fred to go to the responsible person and ask him/her if he/she would be willing to vouch for Fred's age. They will need to fill in and sign one of the Prove It! application forms stating that, yes, they know Fred and yes, he is over 18. They will also need to sign the backs of the two photos of Fred to certify that they are a true likeness of him.

Step Two

Discard the photos of Fred. Also discard the filled-out application form.

Step Three

Fill in the fresh application form. Use different handwriting (maybe Fred's) for the bits which are supposed to have been filled out by the responsible person. Use exactly the same details as were on the original, now discarded application.

Step Four

This is the clever bit. Sign the backs of the photos with the name of the responsible person. This will show that the photo of you is a good likeness of Fred and that you/Fred are over eighteen. (Do you see where I'm going with this yet?)

Step Five

Send off the form.

Step Six

Wait.

Step Seven

You will presently receive in the post, a Prove It! card with the name and age of Fred, but with your photo. You can (illegally - don't do it) use this to purchase alcoholic beverages even though you're underage.

Step Eight

Party!

The point of all this palaver, is of course that if the Prove It! people decide to do a random checkup on your card apllication, then they do so by contacting your chosen responsible person by post or phone and asking him, "Did you sign a form saying Fred is over eighteen?" Whereupon your resposible person will say "Yes, I did."

Because he did.

Sneaky, huh?

Disclaimer 2: I did not think this up myself. I'm way not that cunning. It was devised by a friend of mine, who I shall not name in case he doesn't want me to. I did come up with the "amusing" recipe format for it though. Have fun, kids!