The ski bum’s name was Mike…. How forgetful we all are. Actually, I specifically addressed Mike as Mike when we departed from his table. The table which we invited ourselves to become part of. It is quite possible his name is Tom, Dick or Harry, but hey… I called him Mike. Same difference. Bennigan’s had a free meal just waiting for us. Masukomi’s choice between “vegetable stir fry” and “vegetable stir fry” should have mentioned that one was half frozen. I dunno what the other one was, it might have actually been cooked. We’ll never know. I guess we were distracted enough having fun because no one bitched about it. But it was my idea to complain, so I did my part. Someone else should have stepped up to actually speak to the waitress!

As far as the Frog Pond is concerned, yeah… not one frog in site. In fact, as I stated to Orion, aka Sirius, the Frog Pond is at other times (when it’s not cold) a fountain. It’s blatant false advertising if you ask me. I want frogs, damn it! The frogs would most certainly be ashamed to skate there, too, I’m betting. The skates sucked. Plain and simple. They were not sharp, for some reason, the front part of my blade was covered by a plastic film that prevented me from leaning forward while skating, which as anyone who skates knows… is the prime position. Putting weight on the front of my skates made me abruptly stop skating. So, trying to skate entirely upright is difficult. But I learned… I have tips if anyone wants them. Hey, I didn’t fall! Woo! Drunkenmonkey gets the best skater award by far. He had never skated before and just tore up the ice. He worked up a sweat even! Favorite drunkenmonkey quote: “I like skating!”

Crossroads is the most quiet bar ever. You can hear yourself think, hell… you can even hear your neighbor think, it’s that quiet. Orion/Sirius has no basis for comparison so, trust me, Sprint would be there to record the “pin drop” commercial. "Getting to know you" nodes were great. And yes, the Golden Banana doesn’t have any bananas in site, or anything resembling a banana for that manner. I believe it was Randir’s comment that it should have been named the Golden Mellons.

As that night slowly comes back to me, I’ll be sure to add more. But I had fun! I am being pressured to finish up this node, so here ya go already! :)