A hybrid of the Same Game. Collapse was developed by Game House, and is available for play online at Yahoo!. For $20, you can also download a full version of Collapse with added features and be able to play offline.

Each level begins with blocks of different colors occupying the bottom of the screen. More blocks are added from the bottom, pushing the stack upwards. If the stack reaches the top of the screen, the game is over. The object of each level is to prevent the stack from reaching the top by clearing away clusters of blocks that are of the same color. Each cluster must have three blocks in it in order for the cluster to be removed. Big bonuses are awarded for clearing large clusters of blocks, and also for clearing the screen of blocks. Once the line counter of lines of blocks to be added reaches zero, the level ends. The player then recieves a bonus based on how low the stack is.

Tips for high scores
  • Use the bombs: Occasionaly, a bomb may appear in the stack. Detonate it to clear away a large group of blocks. Colored bombs will remove all blocks that are of the same color as the bomb.
  • Focus on a single color: Removing blocks by color will allow the blocks from above to fall into the gaps created by the removed blocks. This will create large clusters of blocks which can be cleared for massive points.
  • Wait before clearing: When starting a level, wait a few moments for the stack to build to increase the number and size of clusters to be removed.