Since concocting this recipe, I have had nothing but compliments on it, and it is really easy and quick to make. This is one of those Really quick (I really can't be bothered to cook now) dinners, so it's perfect for one of those days when you need to eat now.

Approximate prep time: 20 minutes
Approximate cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6

What you need for the potatoes:

3 lb. red-skinned potatoes
1/2 c. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. oil
1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tbsp. garlic salt
5 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp. pepper

For the chicken fingers:

4 chicken breasts
2 c. lightly crushed corn flakes
1/4 c. honey
1 tbsp. water

Sauce for the chicken fingers:

2 tbsp. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. honey

To start, turn your oven to 425ºF. Next, set a pot of water on high to boil.

Clean and quarter the red-skinned potatoes. Put them in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes.

While the potatoes are boiling, spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Cut your chicken breast diagonally into 1/2 inch strips. Pour the corn flakes into a shallow dish, such as a pie plate. Mix the honey and water together in a large Ziploc bag (you can squish it together with your fingers while the bag is sealed). Put your cut chicken in the bag with the honey/water mixture. Shake the bag until the chicken is coated. Place the chicken fingers in the corn flakes just long enough to coat them, then lay them on the cookie sheet (you want to do this quickly, otherwise the corn flakes get soggy). Set the dish aside.

Drain your potatoes, they will not be thoroughly cooked. In a NEW large Ziploc bag, mix together the mustard, oil, honey, and spices. Put the potatoes in the bag and toss until evenly coated with the mustard mixture. Be careful, as the potatoes are still hot! Place the potatoes into a large, deep pan.

Place the potatoes and chicken fingers in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.

While the chicken is cooking, place the dijon mustard and honey in a small Ziploc bag and mix together. Squish the sauce into a corner of the bag, then tie the leftover portion off. After you pull the chicken out of the oven, cut a very small tip off the corner of the bag with the sauce in it and drizzle over the chicken fingers. Enjoy your hot meal!

What I like about this recipe is that, while it's so quick, it looks and tastes like you spent a lot more time on it. The drizzled sauce is an easy addition, requiring very little time, but makes your dish look fancy AND cuts down on dipping or smothering the chicken in fatty and/or high-sugar sauces or dressings, like ranch or BBQ. The sweet taste of the chicken compliments the tangy taste of the roasted potatoes. The ingredients and cooking methods give you sweet, tangy, crunchy, and chewy in one meal, satisfying a craving for different textures. Also, this meal is pretty healthy and lower in sugar: honey is better than the HFCSs found in many sauces; red-skinned potatoes offer higher nutrient values than brown-skinned potatoes; the flavor is mostly given through spices, as opposed to salt and/or sugar; and the corn flakes add crunch without frying.