found out today that my ex-girlfiend is getting married.

mostly this is a pretty non-event for you. it's been 3 years since then and you haven't even spoken to her in over 6 months. and even then it was only the most cursory of pleasantries. you should congratulate her and be on with your own life.

but something inside you is unsettled, it keeps nagging.

this is wrong, it wasn't supposed to be this way.

he was supposed to be a rebound. it was supposed to end badly. you were supposed to get hurt . so i could laugh at you. because i was the one who had the good job and the kick-ass girlfriend and now look at you, broken hearted an alone. and i'd say you deserved it all for stringing me along for a year with all that will we/won't we get back together bullshit. and oh would i laugh.

but now you're the one who finished your degree, got a job and now...married. and i'm the one working nights in a gas station, spreading myself thin. waiting on the hiv test results before i can even sell plasma for extra cash.

It Wasn't Supposed To Be This Way


but why? am i after some type of revenge? really? am i out for vengence against someone i don't even know anymore?

when i look at the thoughts that go through my head...cody, you really are a bad person sometimes.

and never forget this because it is of the utmost importance that you realize it: you strung yourself along, cody.