The Numa Numa Dance refers to the Internet phenomenon created by Gary Brolsma in 2004. The video, originally posted to the site Newgrounds.com, features Brolsma lip synching and dancing to the song "Dragostea din tei" by O-Zone. The name of the video, Numa Numa, is taken from a line in the song.

The video has garnered millions of hits on sites such as YouTube and Newgrounds, and has spawned thousands of users to create their own videos to the hit song. It is estimated that the video has been played more than 700 million times, making it one of the most popular videos on the Internet.

The clip itself is a mere 1:44 long, and features Brolsma positioned on a webcam using odd facial expressions and bizarre hand motions. This begs the question of why such a simple video could ever become so popular. After thorough investigation into the matter I’ve come to a very simple conclusion: people worldwide are fascinated with watching fat people dance and sing to strange music.

As a result of his Internet fame, Brolsma and the Numa Numa video have been featured on many TV stations, such as CNN, ABC and VH1, and appeared on musical tracks from T.I. and Rihanna.

The video can still be found at its original location through Newgrounds.com