Children of the Corny 2 Nodermeet Aftermath Write Up
or
The Meet's Almost Over and We Still Haven't Shaved The Meru!!!?!
or
Why Have I Overdosed On Heroin?!? A Brief History of the Foundation of GCP2K3.
or
Howto: Cuddle With Izubachi in Three Simple Steps or Less (Drunken Heterosexual Male's 1st Edition)


Chapter 1: Making Smart Personal Choices
Halloween is my favorite holiday, and leaving behind my friends to go to Illinois for the purpose of talking to strangers was a very hard choice for me to make. Choosing to stay in town would ensure going to a large party at my college and possible having a great deal of sex. Going to this nodermeet would involve being in a building with more homosexual males than single heterosexual females my age by a great number for a prolonged period of time. Nothing against the gay scene, but parties in my mind are usually better when they include massive quantities of persons of the sex and sexual orientation you are attracted to. I chose to attend, though.

I love E2. How could I refuse a party of everythingians a state over? I'm impulsive, so I told the host I would attend. At the time, my roommate said he would go as well. Later, he decided to attend another party close to home that promised less drinking. I had a choice to make. Should I cancel too, or should I go anyway? I have known passport basically since I started being serious about E2, or at least since I understood what it was. He helped me learn the game, and he taught a 15 year old kid how to node. We both lived in the same city and were up from 8pm - 3pm on a regular basis. We are a perfect E2 match. I had never met him, though. Being the troll I am, I suggest us going together in the chatterbox, it's a fact. You can check the archive! My and TBBK shared our thoughts and after a few days of talking, the idea of going snowballed, and not only would it be us, but it would be Phyrkrakr, ScientistPhilosopher, TBBK's friend, Passport, and myself.

Chapter 2: The Formation of the GCP2K3
GCP2K3, n. Abbreviation for "Grilled Cheese Party of 2005"

The plan was to meet in St. Louis at Paige's house and head out from there to pick up ScientistPhilospher. I was running late. There was traffic. When I arrived at Paige's house, everyone greeted me and we piled into a Chevy Suburban. At that time I didn't even get to see his house. I felt like a jackass. I have gotten to know these people, and i didn't know what to say. I didn't feel like I knew them, and I felt that I wouldn't live up to what they thought of me as an online entity. On top of that I was late.

After picking up ScientistPhilosopher, I felt less tense. My jokes didn't fall flat anymore, and I was no longer the new guy. I felt like myself, and everyone was happy. We joked the whole way up to wiccanpiper's house. Getting to know these noders fucking rocked. They have sharp humor and quick reflexes when it comes to producing it. As typical noder-boys, we referenced boobies in the manner of lesbians, monkeys, and soy. With the boobie came the mention of Hooters restaurants, and the fact that some of these stores... ahem... fall flat.

"Yeah, but do they make a good grilled cheese?"

And then and there it began. Life no longer became a question of boobie, but rather a nobel quest to find a good grilled cheese. On ever mention of a restaurant or person with a good or bad comment on their name, we asked if they made a good grilled cheese. Even the legendary expert on food stuffs yclept, who we would shortly see, was brought in to question. Our quest would not be finished with ease. Thus the GCP2K3 was formed.
GCP2K3 was chosen over GCP2K5 due to the fact in rhymes. It makes sense if you think about it. Then again, if you think about the last sentence, it didn't really make sense. So just don't think about it and we'll be safe with our title of GCP2K3.

Chapter 3: How Not to Invade Illinois
Pulling up to 107 West Sullivan Street late at night made finding the house a trying task. The road was poorly lit, and the houses were seemingly unlabeled. Walking door to door, I tried to find the numbers of each house. We finally located what we thought was it just as soon as a van pulled up. The excitement filled the air. As the vehicle timidly parked, I thought that this confusion stemmed from the attendees taking a quick trip to the store for some sort of product. I couldn't have been more wrong. The driver of the van, scared, unrolled the window with confusion. We were in the wrong place. Evidently 107 West Sullivan is not 107 East Sullivan, and the signs and paperwork telling us, GCP2K3, how to get there showed us that we might be a little west of East Sullivan.

Finding the place was much easier once on the correct street. East Sullivan was well lit, and you could just tell that there was a nodermeet at 107 from the makeshift beer storage unit, multitude of cars, and the large label "E2" displayed out front. After a few delays and inability to find a good venue to purchase booze, we were in the right place. We were welcomed by Wiccanpiper at the front door, and a hot plate of pasta inside. Hospitality and and friendliness were oozing out of the walls, or perhaps that was just the bright yellow, blue, and pink paint. The drinking began. Eat Poop You Cat was fun. I think I was the winner.

Chapter 4: How To Piss Off Sleeping Noders and the GCP lockout of 2005
Drinking vodka from a canteen makes getting drunk easy. You don't even have to put your drink down if you have a pouch for it on your belt. Smoking was not allowed in the house. After most of us had been drinking, we all decided to step in to the garage for a smoke. There were pipes, hand-rolled cigs, standard issue menthols, and cloves. We stood out there few about an hour before Avalyn brought up anal sex and everyone decided to move back inside. The night was about done, and most of us were finished having fun. We had been introduced, and out inhibitions had been lowered. It was time for bed for everyone, but phyrkrakr and myself. Even yclept was spent and read to go to sleep after a 2 hour lecture on JRR.

We continued to drink our drinks and talk about literature, cars, and everything. It was about about time for me to try one of his hand-rolled cigarettes. We snuck out of the kitchen and out on to the front porch. It was only going to be a quick smoke. No need for jackets, gloves, or my beloved vodka. It was damn cold, though. Phyrkrakr and I decided to grab a few Rolling Rocks and head to the garage again in hopes that it would be a little warmer. It was. We talked about the structure of E2 and how it had changed over the years. We talked about the decline of the site as a refrence and what things could help make the site more friendly. It really wasn't anything that hadn't been said before, but when you're drunk you don't care if what you're saying means anything at all. We had killed the rest if his beers and were out of things to smoke that weren't already stomped out on the floor. It was time to go inside.

We were both annoyed when we found the back door locked. Walking around to the front, phyrkrakr knocked on TBBK's truck waking him up like any drunken asshole would. Grabbing a few more beers, we tried the front door. Oh noes! It didn't open either! It was getting light out, but it wasn't getting any warmer. We fumbled around a bit trying to get a window or door open or to get someone to open it for us, without avail. We returned to the garage disappointed, cold, and carrying a good deal of someone else's beer. It was us or the beers. Only one of these groups was going to survive. We took the lives of the beers in hopes that the sacrifice would allow us to make it through the night until someone came for us. It was only a matter of time before time would tell our fate. So what could we do until then? We did what any drunken 21 year-old would do. We drunk dialed people inside leaving messages.

GCP LOCKOUT 2K5!!! WOOHOO!!!!

We finally returned to the warm interior of wiccanpiper's household after a brief encounter with the doorbell. Hunt05 seemed very confused as she let us and our beers in at 07:00. We found a sharpie and phyrkrakr identified a victim. Using the sharpie with the forehead of what was thought to be ScientistPhilosopher, a fellow GCP2K3 member, resulted in the following five letters: B, A, L, L, and S.

I'm not sure if that's Matt.
Who else could it be?

The victim was vandewal, and when he woke up he was fairly upset, and he was so with just cause. We were first in line for amazing pancakes, and vandewal stormed out of the meet upset with what we had done to him. It didn't look like he was coming back. Phyrkrakr went to sleep, and I wrote "BALLS" on ScientistPhilosopher's head in an attempt to smooth things over with the now AWOL vandewal. That didn't work so well. I felt like an ass. This was mainly because I am in fact an ass.

Chapter 5: Post Pancake Stress Disorder
We all decided it would be nice to go for a walk to enjoy the now nice day after the nice meal and stress from the "vandewal balls issue." Walking outside, we caught Eric pulling in to 107 West Sullivan. If you remember, we were at 107 EAST Sullivan. We flagged in the 'bachi and we all felt better. At this point it is only right to note that Matt has 8000 pound balls.

Chapter 6: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Carcassonne (But Were Afraid To Ask)
Carcassonne is a board game. It's fairly fun in appearance, and doesn't take too much to learn. On the down side, it lasts about 7 or 8 hours. It was amazing to watch. There were six players and Tom moderated the game. It was insane to watch. After every piece was drawn, Tom would tell you what it was called, what it did well, and how many more of that tile was in the bucket of a few hundred tiles. Each play of the game took about five minutes, and as a non-player it got boring for me fast. I was out of adult beverages. It was time to fall back and resupply with Josh.

Wiccanpiper, being the amazing host he is, gave us direction to the local Friar Tuck Beverages. There, we picked up a 12 pack of beer, a 6 pack of beer, an different six pack of beer, and a 4 pack of beer. On the way back we got lost and accidently ended up talking to some high school girls. We went to a high school kegger. It's insane to see how little girls want to mount older boys. We were out of there fairly quickly despite the fact that a few of them were cute. Crossing state lines and having sex makes the legal limit 18, if memory serves. I think we were just attracted to the single and female bit that we didn't get at the nodermeet. Something tells me that Paige was pissed we had his truck for 3 hours. Maybe he was just jealous of the little girls we got to see.

When we arrived back at chez Joe et Tom, Eric was talking about philosophy with the scientist, Carcassonne was still going strong, gwenllian had made Russian Cream in the form of a brain, yclept had brought out the lembas and cheese cake, there was a whole mess of toys and props laying about, and everyone was drinking at a re-assuring pace. There was nothing to do aside from drunkenly claim eien_meru's overgrowth on the front porch. I'm not too great at using scissors while drinking, but he looked a great deal better afterwards.

Chapter 7: Endgame, a Wedding, The Loss of Virginity, and Noder Cuddle Porn
After Carcassonne ended, we decided to drink heavy amounts of rice wine provided by yclept. ScientistPhilosopher was drunk as per usual and still drinking. eien_meru was pretty much gone as well. At this point it is only right to say britnoders are sexier than merkinoders. It was time to watch The Rock Horror Picture Show. We drew a V on the foreheads of the RHPS virgins with lipstick and somehow "Pretty Boy" found its way on to Izubachi's back... and then on to the front of a pillow he was laying against... and on to SciPhi's chest. See, during the film, SciPhi was dared to remove his shirt after Izy did, and when Tom came down to watch he was pretty much naked so of course the meru had to take his clothes off too. Since everyone there was pretty drunk, there was a great deal of noder touching between everyone on the couch. The film was great, and everyone had a great time. Some of us more than others.

Rocky ended, and eien_meru had to be helped up stairs because he was all sorts of drunk, but was able to get up on his own. ScientistPhilosopher and Izubachi had a long, close, talk about philosophy in each others' arms. Josh (21 years of age) casually asked yclept (Over 30 years of age I think) what her thoughts on age difference in relationships were. Obviously after the high school party he didn't mind them himself. Phyrkrakr and I continued to drink. Wiccanpiper noted drunkenly that I had a nice body. Tom was quiet as he always was. Avalyn was hanging out with Molly uploading his pictures to the internet and writing in a blog. yclept capture the entire moment with her sobriety.

ACK! You lost dignity!

I had a blast, and hadn't gotten much sleep so I went to bed. Upon awaking, we left for St. Louis and my credit card didn't work anymore. I love you noders. We need to do this more often!


PICTURES!
RoguePoet's party pictures: http://flickr.com/photos/roguepoet/sets/1263041/
RoguePoet's CD case pics: http://flickr.com/photos/roguepoet/sets/1230442/
yclept's pictures: http://www.livejournal.com/users/djinnj/188188.html


Thoughts on people:

Wiccanpiper
He's a great guy. He's seemingly laid back and has a really fun sense of humor and really bad pictures of himself when he was younger. He likes his pipes, that's for sure and he does a pretty good russian accent when I'm drinking (in accent) vodka. A really great host.
BriarCub
He was sort of quiet, atleast around me. Perhaps I just didn't have a good idea what to talk to him about, but he seemed to be excited by the Carcassonne game. He was a great host as well, and I wish I would have been able to find something for us to talk about. His pasta was amazing, by the way.
apatrix
Didn't really know what to think of this guy at first, to be honest. He's got a really laid back look and I knew he was a ranking officer around here. He was a great guy at the party, very kind and he was able to throw out some pretty funny lines. I didn't realize he has an accent until I met him. He was a Carcassonne master and had a few great stories. For some reason I felt I was bellow his level.
gwenllian
This is another noder I didn't talk to THAT much. She was fun and brought a lot of really great things to the party. She's much better spectator of RHPS that I.
vandewal
After he had his face written on, I was a little afraid of talking to him. For some reason I blamed myself for what happened and I knew he was angry about the whole situation. I never wanted him to be angry with me. He seemed like a pretty level guy, but I guess it is my fault I didn't get to talk to him more.
avalyn
Shockingly cool. I was familiar with the name and some of his works here on E2, and thought he was going to be a lot... er... more lame than he was. Seeing his political views, I thought he would hate me, but then again... maybe he did. In that case, he'd be an even cooler guy.
eien_meru
Not what I imagined at all. He's huggable and smaller than I expected. His beardy was a bit too much for me. So I took it from him. He look a lot better afterwards.Freakin' hobbits.
izubachi
I had talked with this guy on here and knew he was a complete emo boy. I wasn't expecting him to be such a great talker. He was really passionate about what he had to say and it made him easy to listen to. Most of the stuff he talked about reminded me of my roommate, but the way izubachi talked about it was less abrasive and much more interesting. Damn emo kids.
Junkill
I didn't get to really talk to this one at all. I wanted to, but I just never got in and did it. I was too busy with people I had already met, I guess. Sorry, Junkill.
artman2003
St. Louis Blues fan. GO BLUES! Need I say more?
hunt05
I didn't get introduced to her at first and it took me about an hour to figure it out, but she was pretty nice. Laid back and easy to talk to. I really didn't know much about this noder before the party, so I didn't have anything to expect. I honestly don't remember much about her. Maybe I was drunk.
yclept
Easily the most intelectual of the bunch. She's really caring, kind, cut, warm, and nuturing. When you talk to her you feel smart and loved. She's very passionate about what she loves, but really reserved when voicing her passions. It makes it great for talking about literature, you says something and she will totally disagree with you and you will love her for doing so. I wish she was my mother.
passport
He's pretty much what I expected, but not everything. My mental image of his was pretty big. He's a little shy it would seem, but easy to talk to and bring out of his shell. He's a cool guy, and for some reason I felt bad using naughty words around him. He was great. GCP2K3!
phyrkrakr
I spent most my time with this guy, I think. He's pretty much got my interests, but he goes about pursuing them a lot better than me. He's a little less annoying than me, but just as fun-loving. We should start a frat. Oh wait. We did! GCP2K5 LOCKOUT!
SciPhi
He drinks a lot. He's a really interesting guy, but he makes you feel stupid if you can't keep up with him. He's a loving guy. He let me put balls on his face and isn't afraid to cuddle with noders who feel cold and alone. I'm nost sure if this is a good thing. I loved it, though. GCP 4Evah!
RoguePoet
Always awsome. He's creative, kind and a good listener. I bet he has an awsome girlfriend. He made us CDs and brought us free books! YAY!